The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

WBR and Zelboraf

Forums General Melanoma Community WBR and Zelboraf

Participant

My husband started WBR today, while on the Zelboraf, they the Oncology Radiologist and the Oncology doctor both thought it would be okay! So now after reading on here, that it my not be a good idea. Going to call the Zelboraf Patient Support service tomorrow. We kept asking  to be sure they were fine with him staying on it. Oncologist said that not everything has been tested, but felt it was okay to be on it while doing WBR. Now scared for him, he's been through so much with the side affects, the throat swelling, seizer from Cyberknife(swelling),very fatigued all the time.

My husband started WBR today, while on the Zelboraf, they the Oncology Radiologist and the Oncology doctor both thought it would be okay! So now after reading on here, that it my not be a good idea. Going to call the Zelboraf Patient Support service tomorrow. We kept asking  to be sure they were fine with him staying on it. Oncologist said that not everything has been tested, but felt it was okay to be on it while doing WBR. Now scared for him, he's been through so much with the side affects, the throat swelling, seizer from Cyberknife(swelling),very fatigued all the time. Knowing that that will get worse with WBR.

I will be checking back in to up date anything new, the next two weeks will be very busy going to Stanford daily.

Hope you all have a nice Holiday season!

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        alicia
        Participant

Hi there, so sorry to hear about your  husband!  My friend just started zelboraf a week ago and is currently doing radiation to neck, lower spine, and hip while doing his treatment.  so far he hasn't experienced any of the zelboraf side affects. If you talk to the zelboraf support service let us know what they say about radiation and zelboraf.  Keeping you all in my prayers.

Much love,

Alicia Stage 3 w/ mult primaries (+) SNB

laurieformike
            Participant

We finally got to speak today, the support service and I, she said that it depends on the doctor weather they want to take off the Zelboraf while on WBR. Well he is doing okay lost hair and very red skin on his ears and head and dry but starting to improve today with the color of skin. But extremely tired. How is your friend doing Alicia?

laurieformike
              Participant

We finally got to speak today, the support service and I, she said that it depends on the doctor weather they want to take off the Zelboraf while on WBR. Well he is doing okay lost hair and very red skin on his ears and head and dry but starting to improve today with the color of skin. But extremely tired. How is your friend doing Alicia?

laurieformike
                Participant

alicia
                Participant

Hi there, so sorry to hear about your  husband!  My friend just started zelboraf a week ago and is currently doing radiation to neck, lower spine, and hip while doing his treatment.  so far he hasn't experienced any of the zelboraf side affects. If you talk to the zelboraf support service let us know what they say about radiation and zelboraf.  Keeping you all in my prayers.

Much love,

alicia
                  Participant

Much love,

alicia
                    Participant

Much love,

alicia
                      Participant

Much love,

alicia
                        Participant

Much love,

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics