The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Vision Problems on Opdivo

Forums General Melanoma Community Vision Problems on Opdivo

Participant

I’m  having an MRI of my brain today. I just had my fourth Opdivo treatment and I’ve been having some problems with blurry vision and dizziness and it’s worrying me a lot. Has anybody on Opdivo had vision problems or dizziness as a side effect? I’m really hoping that it is a side effect and not something worse! I’m trying not to worry too much because I know I won’t get any results until next week, and I don’t want to freak out all weekend!

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        Hukill
        Participant

I have blurred vision, told my doctor and had my eyes examed. I was told my vision had not changed since my last exam but I still have blurred vision. I have had 44 doses of opdivo.

ed williams
          Participant

Hi Susan, I have what I call lightening bolts every once in a while. When I close my eyes I still see the light show!!!If I go for a nap they go away. Had my eyes tested, everything was normal. I also had SRS treatment of 3 brain mets, fall of 2013, so not sure who to blame, drugs or radiation!!! Probably good idea to get eyes checked!!!Best wishes!!!Ed

dessie
              Participant

Hello,  I just had my 4th infusion of Opdivo as well and my vision has been blurry at times but it is the dizziness that has been annoying.  It comes on so quickly, that it is scary.  I see my doc in 2 weeks.  I just don't want to stop the medication unless absoluetly necessary but obviously dont want something ominous to be happening.  

Get checked out for sure.  I plan to also .

Take care,

Dessie 

Susanlee528
                Participant

Yes, Dessie, the dizziness can get scary! The thought of having to stop the treatment is scary, too! Sounds like you and I are having a very similar experience. Hang in there!  I’ll let you know if I find anything out and you do the same! 

Susanlee528
                  Participant

Thanks for your replies. It’s getting frustrating because I am having a really hard time working, and I’ve already taken off too much time! I guess I better get to the eye doctor!

tedtell1
                    Participant

I am occasionally experiencing dizzieness too. Not as bad more recently, but also have extreme fatigue and a nasty cough all the time. 

Good luck, hope it gets better.

Ted

geriakt
                    Participant
                      I had vision issues early in my Optivo. Had my eyes examined. Turns out it was dry eye and yes that is a documented side effect. It got better over time and use eye drops
                      geriakt
                      Participant
                        I had vision issues early in my Optivo. Had my eyes examined. Turns out it was dry eye and yes that is a documented side effect. It got better over time and use eye drops
                          Susanlee528
                          Participant

Well, it looks like the blurry vision was, in fact, just a side effect. My brain MRI came back completely clear!! I am so incredibly relieved!! Thanks for all the support!

Viewing 3 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics