The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

very sad ….

Forums General Melanoma Community very sad ….

Participant
      I want to say that I am so glad I found all of you folks on this board….I may not have written alot but I always had references to look at and so very many stories of hope And With knowledge beyond words also . It is with a heavy  heart that I share the news of my dads passing . Last thursday 10/10/13. He was diagnosed 7/6/13 .with no physical symtoms …. he had 2 treatments of the yervoy, but one thing after the other started happening. ., melanoma stole my dads breath and voice… I pray for an end to this relentless disease. .
    Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Tina D
        Participant

I am so sad for you all…  and things moved and changed so quickly for you. It is never easy to deal with loss, but I think even harder when you have so little time. I am so sorry for you and for your family. Your dad sounds like such a neat guy from reading your profile page. May your many happy memories help bring comfort.

Tina

Tina D
          Participant

I am so sad for you all…  and things moved and changed so quickly for you. It is never easy to deal with loss, but I think even harder when you have so little time. I am so sorry for you and for your family. Your dad sounds like such a neat guy from reading your profile page. May your many happy memories help bring comfort.

Tina

Tina D
            Participant

Tina

Lori Stoen
                Participant
                  Thank you Tina. Thank you so much. My dad was the best dad ever….I will miss him more than words can express.
                  deardad
                  Participant

Im very sorry to hear that Lori, I empathise with loosing your dad. This disease is so nasty that even though you know at some point that it's probably going to take them, it's very hard seeing someone so well, to gone in such a short time. All I can say is that things will get easier with time. Loss sucks….and it probably will always hurt, but time passes and you learn to live it with. I hope that you and your family can remember the good times with your dad and feel blessed that he was so wonderful.

Take care

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                    Participant

Im very sorry to hear that Lori, I empathise with loosing your dad. This disease is so nasty that even though you know at some point that it's probably going to take them, it's very hard seeing someone so well, to gone in such a short time. All I can say is that things will get easier with time. Loss sucks….and it probably will always hurt, but time passes and you learn to live it with. I hope that you and your family can remember the good times with your dad and feel blessed that he was so wonderful.

Take care

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                      Participant

Take care

Nahmi from Melbourne

Lori Stoen
                        Participant
                          Thank you Tina. Thank you so much. My dad was the best dad ever….I will miss him more than words can express.
                          Lori Stoen
                          Participant
                          tasjacques
                          Participant

Hi Lori,

so sorry to hear about your loss. May the Lord bring peace to you and your family,  to know that your dad rest in peace, no more pain or suffering.

i pray for his memories to bring happiness to you.

take care

elenise

tasjacques
                            Participant

Hi Lori,

so sorry to hear about your loss. May the Lord bring peace to you and your family,  to know that your dad rest in peace, no more pain or suffering.

take care

elenise

tasjacques
                              Participant

Hi Lori,

take care

elenise

aldakota22
                                Participant

All anyone can offer at a time like this is there symphathy.May you and family find comfort in the time ahead with wonderful memories of the best father in the world.Rest in peace. Beat the Beast.      Al

aldakota22
                                  Participant

All anyone can offer at a time like this is there symphathy.May you and family find comfort in the time ahead with wonderful memories of the best father in the world.Rest in peace. Beat the Beast.      Al

aldakota22
                                    Participant

melissa ann
                                      Participant
                                        Lori, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I am sorry for your sadness, thank you for sharing his story with us….much peace….Melissa
                                        melissa ann
                                        Participant
                                          Lori, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I am sorry for your sadness, thank you for sharing his story with us….much peace….Melissa
                                            NYKaren
                                            Participant

Lori, I too am so very sorry.

Karen

NYKaren
                                              Participant

Karen

NYKaren
                                                Participant

Karen

melissa ann
                                                Participant
                                              Viewing 11 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics