The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Vemurafenib and tumours changing shape

Forums General Melanoma Community Vemurafenib and tumours changing shape

Participant

Hi,

Wife has been on Zel since March this year. Noticed the tumour in her lymph node shrink massively (approx 95%) within the first few days and stayed small since. In the last few days we have noticed the tumour feels different (more lumpy, feels more "withered", just different) but not bigger. Has anyone else expereinced this? THanks.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Tina D
        Participant

My tumors were not palpable, they were all deep, so I cannot help you here. All sounds encouraging though. Is she coming up on scans soon?

Tina

Tina D
          Participant

My tumors were not palpable, they were all deep, so I cannot help you here. All sounds encouraging though. Is she coming up on scans soon?

Tina

Tina D
            Participant

Tina

Mat
              Participant

At the time of my Stage IV diagnosis, I had one small subcute on my shoulder.  Within a few days of starting on the GSK combo, I had a similar experience as your wife.  Take it as a positive sign that the drug is working for her!

Mat
                Participant

At the time of my Stage IV diagnosis, I had one small subcute on my shoulder.  Within a few days of starting on the GSK combo, I had a similar experience as your wife.  Take it as a positive sign that the drug is working for her!

Mat
                  Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics