The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Vem/cobi and dealing with the sun

Forums General Melanoma Community Vem/cobi and dealing with the sun

Participant

Hi everyone,

So I'm about to start this combo and I feel really confused about the sun sensitivity thing. It sounds like I can't let sunlight hit my skin…ever….even with sunscreen. Do I just have to stay inside now? Is it possible to go swimming outside? Or can I take my kids to the park? 

How do people adjust to this?

thanks for the support everyone!

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        lindanat
        Participant

I did the combo and tried to not let it disrupt normal activities.  Wear sunscreen.  I walked a lot outdoors during the treatments with no difficulty. 

jennunicorn
          Participant

Sun screen, sun protective clothing, hats, use them when outside, hang out in the shade when available, but no need to be a hermit. 

jrtufo
              Participant

So glad to hear others NOT have problems with this combo.  I had to stop treatment after 8 days due to terrible fatigue followed by all over the body rash (not caused by the sun)  I'm on cyclosporine now with hopes that it will reverse these side effects.  I wish I had more options…

J.bun
                Participant

Have you tried Taf/Mek combo? I could not tolerate Zel/Cot … was only on it for about a week. If your rash does not clear and you get worse, go to the ER. 

Nonetheless, these combos work and have done wonders!

Viewing 1 reply thread
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics