The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Vaginal Melanoma

Forums General Melanoma Community Vaginal Melanoma

Participant
      My sister had a vaginoscope examination today in Beijng Tumor Hospital and the result showed that the splash in her vagina  increases. Her doctor in charge suggested a biopsy and living in great fear of further spread,  my sister wanted to have another surgery to have it removed.

My sister had a vaginoscope examination today in Beijng Tumor Hospital and the result showed that the splash in her vagina  increases. Her doctor in charge suggested a biopsy and living in great fear of further spread,  my sister wanted to have another surgery to have it removed. Do you guys think it is good and necessary for a stage IV patient with PM? Pleas offer your advice. Thx.   anda  uPpo  pplsaPPl     Pl   
    Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        DonW
        Participant

Hi, Fenny. I doubt that there are many here who could answer your question since vaginal melanoma is rare and an issue like this is always hard to decide. You probably should give a lot of weight to the opinion of your sister's doctor. What is his recommendation, a simple biopsy or surgery to remove all of the suspect area? I agree that sometimes the trauma of such surgery is not worth the results if systemic metatasis exists.Then again, surgery is often considered the best option when it's possible. Good luck, and sorry I'm not much help.

DonW
          Participant

Hi, Fenny. I doubt that there are many here who could answer your question since vaginal melanoma is rare and an issue like this is always hard to decide. You probably should give a lot of weight to the opinion of your sister's doctor. What is his recommendation, a simple biopsy or surgery to remove all of the suspect area? I agree that sometimes the trauma of such surgery is not worth the results if systemic metatasis exists.Then again, surgery is often considered the best option when it's possible. Good luck, and sorry I'm not much help.

DonW
            Participant

lhaley
              Participant

I have no experience with this but have read from others in the past.  There used to be a group of women here that had melanoma in the vaginal area.  I do know that at least of 2 had complete hysterectomies.   You might want to look into the archives and see if you can find some comments.  

At one point they had considered removing my bladder. If they removed the bladder they would have also had a complete hysterctomy as well as the vaginal wall would have been removed also. 

Linda

lhaley
                Participant

I have no experience with this but have read from others in the past.  There used to be a group of women here that had melanoma in the vaginal area.  I do know that at least of 2 had complete hysterectomies.   You might want to look into the archives and see if you can find some comments.  

At one point they had considered removing my bladder. If they removed the bladder they would have also had a complete hysterctomy as well as the vaginal wall would have been removed also. 

Linda

lhaley
                  Participant

Linda

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics