The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Updating melanoma website, need input, help, useful links…

Forums General Melanoma Community Updating melanoma website, need input, help, useful links…

Participant

I have ignored my melanomaresources.info website for a long time,  I'm attempting a revamp of the website – moving the domain to melanomaresources.com in the next month or two.  I'm sure I have many broken links and lots of links need to be updated reflecting more current info.

I am looking for links that have been particularly helpful to you – that may be helpful to others.  My website currently has the categories listed below.  I am willing to add/delete based on input.  And if anyone wants to spend a little time helping me check links and decide which are out to date, I'd appreciate any input!  smiley  I either need to update the site or trash it, and I've decided to give it one more attempt to bring it up to date.  This is only a sideline for me nowadays (and I still have a real job) so INPUT IS WELCOME.

Categories I'm currently using:

Organizations
      Newly Diagnosed
      Staging
      Guidelines
      Educational Material
      Photos
      Treatment Options by stage
      Articles
      Patient Perspectives
      Lymphatic System
      Pathology
      Anatomy
      Medical Terminology
      Wound Care
      Cancer Care
      Survivorship
      Psychology of Cancer
      Cancer Myths
      Recurrent Melanoma
      Multiple Primaries
      Unknown Primaries
      Atypical Nevi
      Mole Mapping
      Radiology
      Suncreen
      Clothing
      Melanoma Items
      Pregnancy
      Insurance
      SSDI
      SSI
      Sideline Issues

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bobman
        Participant

Hi Janner , 

Count me in on helping  in any way  you need  to keep  that baby  afloat !  I have too much  idle  time lately , so this is something  I  would  enjoy .  The more comprehensive  information  about  this disease  that's  out there,the better  for everyone .  I'll  start  looking  at it in more detail , and see what's  still  available for starters .  

Don't  hesitate  to point  me in any direction . ..I'm twiddling  my thumbs  many days  to keep  myself  busy!

And contributing  in anyway to expand  more  information  to the masses  is something  I can  really  get excited  about . 

Bob

Bobman
          Participant

Hi Janner , 

Count me in on helping  in any way  you need  to keep  that baby  afloat !  I have too much  idle  time lately , so this is something  I  would  enjoy .  The more comprehensive  information  about  this disease  that's  out there,the better  for everyone .  I'll  start  looking  at it in more detail , and see what's  still  available for starters .  

Don't  hesitate  to point  me in any direction . ..I'm twiddling  my thumbs  many days  to keep  myself  busy!

And contributing  in anyway to expand  more  information  to the masses  is something  I can  really  get excited  about . 

Bob

Bobman
            Participant

Hi Janner , 

Bob

Kimba67
                Participant

I will help how ever needed, please know the site is important

Kimba67
                  Participant

Kimba67
                    Participant

Polymath
                    Participant

Hi Janner,

After a quick scan of your site I came up with two things.

Under radiology, there is no reference to using radiation as a treatment option.  Seems there is much to discuss there, especially with the link emerging between radiation therapy and immunotherapy, as well as Gamma/Cyber knife, and WBR treatments.

The other, and what I think would be popular area would be video links.  Ed, who responds often to questions seem to be able to point out a pertinent video on most any topic.  I think many people enjoy those tutorials and if they could be arranged by topic, it would be very useful.

If these topics were covered, then sorry, my bad.

Gary

Janner
                        Participant

Great ideas on the video – may have to rope Ed into helping supply me with some links.  As for the radiation, I'm game.  I just need these links.  That's my problem – hard to remember all and then search.  I have a bunch in my "to be added" bookmarks but I haven't linked to any current treatment info in a while.  My specialty has really been more geared to lower stages.  So anything you have bookmarked, post it here or send to my email.  janrguard-mpip AT yahoo DOT com. 

Janner
                          Participant

Great ideas on the video – may have to rope Ed into helping supply me with some links.  As for the radiation, I'm game.  I just need these links.  That's my problem – hard to remember all and then search.  I have a bunch in my "to be added" bookmarks but I haven't linked to any current treatment info in a while.  My specialty has really been more geared to lower stages.  So anything you have bookmarked, post it here or send to my email.  janrguard-mpip AT yahoo DOT com. 

Janner
                            Participant

jpg
                              Participant

I would link to this patient experience video:  http://melanomainternational.org/events-webinar/patient-experience-video/#.V3GZl7grKM8

and also the webinars on this site  www.melanomainternational.org  they are by top docs

jpg
                                Participant

I would link to this patient experience video:  http://melanomainternational.org/events-webinar/patient-experience-video/#.V3GZl7grKM8

and also the webinars on this site  www.melanomainternational.org  they are by top docs

jpg
                                  Participant

Polymath
                                  Participant

Hi Janner,

Under radiology, there is no reference to using radiation as a treatment option.  Seems there is much to discuss there, especially with the link emerging between radiation therapy and immunotherapy, as well as Gamma/Cyber knife, and WBR treatments.

The other, and what I think would be popular area would be video links.  Ed, who responds often to questions seem to be able to point out a pertinent video on most any topic.  I think many people enjoy those tutorials and if they could be arranged by topic, it would be very useful.

Gary

Polymath
                                    Participant

Hi Janner,

Gary

ed williams
                                      Participant

Hi Janner, if you go to my latest post, just copy the links. Celeste has such a great blog site with links and her thoughts included, it might be usefull to team up with her. Lately I am just trying to be, a copy paste kind of guy, so I don't get the alternative Melanoma treatment folks worked up. Oh bye the way, if no one has told you lately, you really do a great job with all the early stage folks. Best Wishes from Ottawa, Canada!!!Ed

ed williams
                                        Participant

Hi Janner, if you go to my latest post, just copy the links. Celeste has such a great blog site with links and her thoughts included, it might be usefull to team up with her. Lately I am just trying to be, a copy paste kind of guy, so I don't get the alternative Melanoma treatment folks worked up. Oh bye the way, if no one has told you lately, you really do a great job with all the early stage folks. Best Wishes from Ottawa, Canada!!!Ed

ed williams
                                          Participant

Janner
                                            Participant

If anyone else wants to help, this is what I am looking for.

Take any of the categories I have listed in my orignal post.  Google it.  See if there are any good links that show up.  It's been 5 years since I updated the site and there is lots of good information out there that I'd like to capture.

Post here or email me with any results.

Thanks in advance!

Janner
                                              Participant

Take any of the categories I have listed in my orignal post.  Google it.  See if there are any good links that show up.  It's been 5 years since I updated the site and there is lots of good information out there that I'd like to capture.

Thanks in advance!

Janner
                                                Participant

Thanks in advance!

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics