The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update Stage 4

Forums General Melanoma Community Update Stage 4

Participant
      Good News!  I have stage 4 melanoma, it spread to my lung.  I have been on Keytruda since July 2021 and I went for my first CT scan  in October and the good news is it didn’t grow any bigger it is still the same 1.2 by 1.1 mm.  I received by third infusion of Keytruda. My side effects so far are a rash and itching that come and go as it wants, a little joint pain but manageable with exercise.  Oncologist was happy.  So far so good.  The rash is now on my face but when you wear a mask you can’t see it.
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Christinad
        Participant
          Great news! I’m happy for you and am glad your side effects are manageable.
          kathycaribe
          Participant
            i had a full body rash after ipi/nivo #1 but well managed w/zyrtec, benadryl, adn 30mg pred.  good luck!
            Ellenb626
            Participant
              I have managed the rash and itching with Sarna  lotion if it is not too itchy.  Triamcinalone cream (prescription) if it is too itchy. Benadryl by night, it makes me sleepy and Claritin by day.  Since I’ve been on immunotherapy mosquito bites itch a million times more and I have to take an antihistamine or else I am miserable scratching.  The weather is getting colder in New York.  But I’m sort of figured out what worked  for me and tell the oncologist when I  see him, but it starts 9 o’clock that night or the next day.  You have to roll with the punches and laugh. oh, and wear sunscreen.
          Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics