The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update re combination immunotherapy, and advice?

Forums General Melanoma Community Update re combination immunotherapy, and advice?

Participant

Hi thanks for the support given, Finally  feel able to give you an update:-

Unfortunately things have not gone very well for me! I received my combination immunotherapy on Monday 12th November and over the week and a half after my immunotherapy Treatment’s I became progressively more breathless, to the point where I couldn’t walk the length of the hall without gasping, the only way I could get relief was to lie down flat! This Culminated in me being admitted to the Hospital after my radiation treatment last Tuesday, 20th Nov, and I’m still in! Initially it was thought it was pneumonitis but CT shows bilateral plural effusions & oedema, I’m receiving diuretics & oxygen treatment.

The feeling is, it is probably due to the treatment.  However my oncologist is struggling to find any similar cases, especially so soon after the first combo therapy? Does this sound similar to anyone’s experiences or can anyone shed any light on it, I’m really perplexed its gone wrong in this way??

Any advice, information would be much appreciated!
      Thanks
      Fi

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Antonio
        Participant

Hey 

so sorry to hear that , my father in Italy had exactly the same problem but was his 6th treatment with keytruda 

the combo immunotherapy radiation made him very dyspnoic and gave him oedema exactly like you. 

He had also several episodes of atrial fibrillation a problem that has being affecting him most of his life but but not with that frequency. 

Wonder if you are experiencing the same 

Hope you will feel better soon . 

Antonio 

MelanomaMike
          Participant

Hi Rosiepup, im Mike, bless yer heart! stay strong and do what i do when side effects pop up, i just say to myself "Pros & Cons" Pros & Cons"…Ive had me share believe me, but we come out of it…

sing123
            Participant

So sorry to hear this. Hope you're feeling better soon. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics