The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update – PET scan results

Forums General Melanoma Community Update – PET scan results

Participant

HI all,

My husband had a PET scan this morning as it's day 28 of the study he is participating in.

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01155453

We just heard that all the previously existing lesions and tumours have up to 50% SUV reduction. The doctors are thrilled and so are we.

CT scan on Nov. 3rd will hopefully show shrinkage, but we know it's working. He's reduced his pain meds and is in no pain.

woohoo!

Finally something is going in the right direction. 🙂

em

HI all,

My husband had a PET scan this morning as it's day 28 of the study he is participating in.

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01155453

We just heard that all the previously existing lesions and tumours have up to 50% SUV reduction. The doctors are thrilled and so are we.

CT scan on Nov. 3rd will hopefully show shrinkage, but we know it's working. He's reduced his pain meds and is in no pain.

woohoo!

Finally something is going in the right direction. 🙂

em

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        Fen
        Participant

..and I'm thrilled too!! Keeping my fingers crossed for future improvement.

Fen
          Participant

..and I'm thrilled too!! Keeping my fingers crossed for future improvement.

lhaley
            Participant

Great news!!!  I hope the ct scan in a few weeks will be just as encouraging!!

Linda

lhaley
              Participant

Great news!!!  I hope the ct scan in a few weeks will be just as encouraging!!

Linda

Brandi
                Participant

I am very happy for you and I wish you and your husband the best!

Brandi
                  Participant

I am very happy for you and I wish you and your husband the best!

King
                    Participant

Em,

This is great news and is very encouraging!  It's wonderful that you didn't have to wait long to get the results.  Celebrate, celebrate!!!

We love good news.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
                      Participant

Em,

This is great news and is very encouraging!  It's wonderful that you didn't have to wait long to get the results.  Celebrate, celebrate!!!

We love good news.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

Viewing 7 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics