The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update on me Whoot!

Forums General Melanoma Community Update on me Whoot!

Participant

I was diagnosed with melanoma on Jan 17th 2014, had my mole removed then had surgery on Feb 28th with lymph nodes removed from my neck..At the end of April i did the 30 day HD interferon and failed it so was changed to Yervoy and finished it Aug 13th, my first scan showed that it was working and got rid of 2 spots in my lungs..I had my next scans Dec 13th and finally got my results yesterday and am now NED..Scans again in 3 months..Whoot!!

Viewing 26 reply threads
    • Replies
        JustMeInCA
        Participant

So happy to hear that, Ginger! What a relief!

JustMeInCA
          Participant

JustMeInCA
            Participant

Ginger8888
                Participant

Thank you, just pray i stay that way..

Ginger8888
                  Participant

Ginger8888
                    Participant

DZnDef
                    Participant

Congratulations, Ginger, that's FANTASTIC news!!!

DZnDef
                      Participant

DZnDef
                        Participant

Fen
                          Participant

Absolutely wonderful news!  Enjoy!

Fen
                            Participant

Fen
                              Participant

_Paul_
                                Participant

What a roller coaster ride Ginger, you have had quite the year! Whoot is right, that is awesome news! Thanks for the update. What a great way to start out the year.

_Paul_
                                  Participant

What a roller coaster ride Ginger, you have had quite the year! Whoot is right, that is awesome news! Thanks for the update. What a great way to start out the year.

_Paul_
                                    Participant

Ginger8888
                                      Participant

Thanks everybody, in Feb after my surgery,my surgeon gave me a 20% chance of making it a year..I think i'm gonna surpass this..

Ginger8888
                                        Participant

Thanks everybody, in Feb after my surgery,my surgeon gave me a 20% chance of making it a year..I think i'm gonna surpass this..

Ginger8888
                                          Participant

arthurjedi007
                                            Participant

Awesome 🙂

Artie

arthurjedi007
                                              Participant

Awesome 🙂

Artie

arthurjedi007
                                                Participant

Awesome 🙂

Artie

LuckyMan51
                                                  Participant

Fabulous news! Congrats! 

LuckyMan51
                                                    Participant

Fabulous news! Congrats! 

LuckyMan51
                                                      Participant

Fabulous news! Congrats! 

liberty04281
                                                        Participant
                                                          Hi Ginger8888, I would like to know what kind of side effects you had when treated with Yervoy. On January 22 I will start my treatment withat Yervoy
                                                          My last scan showed a few small nodules on my lung.
                                                          Thanks
                                                          liberty04281
                                                          Participant
                                                            Hi Ginger8888, I would like to know what kind of side effects you had when treated with Yervoy. On January 22 I will start my treatment withat Yervoy
                                                            Thanks
                                                            liberty04281
                                                            Participant
                                                              Thanks
                                                                Ginger8888
                                                                Participant

Hello, i had very little side effects, i had a touch of colitis and didn't even know until they said it showed up on the ct scan..I had some fatigue but not sure if it was from the interferon (which left enlarged lymph node in my neck and one spot in each lung) i did before yervoy..Did your dr tell you that a lot of times scans show up worse in the beginning because Yervoy take time to work..I was a lucky one, my first scan showed that it got rid of the two spots i had in my lungs and my second scan is NED..Good luck and drink lot's of water..I also drank V-8 juice to keep my bp up and get my veggie intake for the day and also threw in a couple nutritional drinks a day..Get lots of rest and if you have ANY concerns contact your doctor.Good luck..I have scans again in 3 months..

Ginger8888
                                                                  Participant

Hello, i had very little side effects, i had a touch of colitis and didn't even know until they said it showed up on the ct scan..I had some fatigue but not sure if it was from the interferon (which left enlarged lymph node in my neck and one spot in each lung) i did before yervoy..Did your dr tell you that a lot of times scans show up worse in the beginning because Yervoy take time to work..I was a lucky one, my first scan showed that it got rid of the two spots i had in my lungs and my second scan is NED..Good luck and drink lot's of water..I also drank V-8 juice to keep my bp up and get my veggie intake for the day and also threw in a couple nutritional drinks a day..Get lots of rest and if you have ANY concerns contact your doctor.Good luck..I have scans again in 3 months..

liberty04281
                                                                    Participant
                                                                      Thank you so much for answering my question. I wish you to stay NED for the rest of your life.
                                                                      liberty04281
                                                                      Participant
                                                                        Thank you so much for answering my question. I wish you to stay NED for the rest of your life.
                                                                        Ginger8888
                                                                        Participant

Thank you and best of luck!

Ginger8888
                                                                          Participant

Ginger8888
                                                                            Participant

liberty04281
                                                                              Participant
                                                                                Ginger8888
                                                                                Participant

liberty04281
                                                                                Participant
                                                                                  Thanks
                                                                                  liberty04281
                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                    Thanks
                                                                                    liberty04281
                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                      Thanks
                                                                                  Viewing 26 reply threads
                                                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics