The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

update on Linda Haley

Forums General Melanoma Community update on Linda Haley

Participant

Written 56 minutes ago by Brandon Haley

Written 56 minutes ago by Brandon Haley

Quick update. Mom is at the Rainey hospice house in Anderson. She has regained some speech, but it is strained. We have had a couple of short, coherent conversations, but that is all. She is excited to see savannah in the morning. Confusion does not really describe her state of mind, but it is close. We are having some good moments though. We were told that the DEX would be continued as she showed some response. Thank you all, and i will post more tomorrow.

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        deardad
        Participant

What a difficult time, I know too well how Brandon is feeling. Enjoy the precious time you have with Linda, sending love and peace.

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
          Participant

What a difficult time, I know too well how Brandon is feeling. Enjoy the precious time you have with Linda, sending love and peace.

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
            Participant

Nahmi from Melbourne

DeniseK
              Participant
                Hang in there Brandon. The radiation should kick in and start killing the tumors off. My doctor said it takes a few weeks. Its good news the dex is working. She’s one heck of a fighter! I’m getting numbness in my right side which is due to my tumor but as the tumor dies it will get better. Shes getting her speech back which is awesome news! All of my positive energy going her way.
                Lots of love!
                DeniseK
                Participant
                  Hang in there Brandon. The radiation should kick in and start killing the tumors off. My doctor said it takes a few weeks. Its good news the dex is working. She’s one heck of a fighter! I’m getting numbness in my right side which is due to my tumor but as the tumor dies it will get better. Shes getting her speech back which is awesome news! All of my positive energy going her way.
                  Lots of love!
                  DeniseK
                  Participant
                    Lots of love!
                    bcl
                    Participant

Written 12 hours ago by Brandon Haley

Having family in this weekend was nice, and it was obvious that mom knew people were there.  Her condition is slowly fading.  She has been peaceful the past couple of days, but has not really spoken since Friday.  She still is on all of her medicines, but has not ate or drank since the weekend.  In our last somewhat back and forth conversation Friday night, she did not recognize me, but was convinced that I was at a doctors office having just been diagnosed with melanoma.  She kept asking if it was my first one, and giving her history.  She kept talking about how you can beat it and that you just need to stay strong.  Best way to put it, thats my mom. 

She kept smiling when Savannah kissed her hand.  They did not get to talk, but she knew that she was there.  Savannah wouldn't let any one cry either. 

If any of you know someone that mom knew that is not on either caring bridge or facebook, please let them know what is going on.  We don't know how many people are out there that we have not been able to contact. 

POW
                        Participant

Brandon, thank you for taking the time to keep us posted. I am glad that Linda seems to be comfortable and peaceful and surrounded by her loved ones.  It sounds like you are a loving and lovely family.  I am praying for you all. 

Snickers60
                          Participant

Praying for strength for your family during this very difficult time.   Sounds like she has an amazing spirit !!! 

Glad to hear loving family and friends are nearby and giving much needed support. 

STAY STRONG and NEVER, EVER, EVER, GIVE UP !  

Sending prayers and GOOD WISHES ! 

Nancy ( Devoted wife of 3 X – stage 4 Warrior Wayne ) 

Snickers60
                            Participant

Praying for strength for your family during this very difficult time.   Sounds like she has an amazing spirit !!! 

Glad to hear loving family and friends are nearby and giving much needed support. 

Snickers60
                              Participant

POW
                                Participant

Brandon, thank you for taking the time to keep us posted. I am glad that Linda seems to be comfortable and peaceful and surrounded by her loved ones.  It sounds like you are a loving and lovely family.  I am praying for you all. 

POW
                                  Participant

bcl
                                  Participant

Having family in this weekend was nice, and it was obvious that mom knew people were there.  Her condition is slowly fading.  She has been peaceful the past couple of days, but has not really spoken since Friday.  She still is on all of her medicines, but has not ate or drank since the weekend.  In our last somewhat back and forth conversation Friday night, she did not recognize me, but was convinced that I was at a doctors office having just been diagnosed with melanoma.  She kept asking if it was my first one, and giving her history.  She kept talking about how you can beat it and that you just need to stay strong.  Best way to put it, thats my mom. 

She kept smiling when Savannah kissed her hand.  They did not get to talk, but she knew that she was there.  Savannah wouldn't let any one cry either. 

If any of you know someone that mom knew that is not on either caring bridge or facebook, please let them know what is going on.  We don't know how many people are out there that we have not been able to contact. 

bcl
                                    Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics