The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update on Linda Haley via her son

Forums General Melanoma Community Update on Linda Haley via her son

Participant

This is Brandon, and I am passing along what information we have right now. The two tumors that mom had radiation on a few weeks ago are bleeding, and that is the reason she is in the hospital. She is doing better, but information seems to be much slower coming from the doctors than before. She is going to have another scan to determine if the bleeding has subsided, but we do not know when. It will be within the next day or two. The first scan she had yesterday did reveal two new tumors in her brain. As of now, I know nothing more about those.

This is Brandon, and I am passing along what information we have right now. The two tumors that mom had radiation on a few weeks ago are bleeding, and that is the reason she is in the hospital. She is doing better, but information seems to be much slower coming from the doctors than before. She is going to have another scan to determine if the bleeding has subsided, but we do not know when. It will be within the next day or two. The first scan she had yesterday did reveal two new tumors in her brain. As of now, I know nothing more about those. I will be posting for the time being as the computer is proving to be frustrating for her (it's not exactly in the best of shape). I will pass along information as I recieve it

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        AZ_Gal
        Participant

My heart is breaking knowing she has to be dealing with this aweful aweful disease…yet again. Praying she comes through this and is as strong and as healthy as she was feeling before. Please keep us posted! She has been such a wonderful support system for so many, including myself. We all care for her and hope she gets better asap!

AZ_Gal
          Participant

My heart is breaking knowing she has to be dealing with this aweful aweful disease…yet again. Praying she comes through this and is as strong and as healthy as she was feeling before. Please keep us posted! She has been such a wonderful support system for so many, including myself. We all care for her and hope she gets better asap!

AZ_Gal
            Participant

triciad
              Participant

Brandon,

Please tell your mom that her MPIP family is sending her hugs and prayers.  She is always here to support us…and we are here for her.  She is a warrior through and through, and I know that she is going to win this battle, too!

Tricia

triciad
                Participant

Brandon,

Please tell your mom that her MPIP family is sending her hugs and prayers.  She is always here to support us…and we are here for her.  She is a warrior through and through, and I know that she is going to win this battle, too!

Tricia

triciad
                  Participant

Brandon,

Tricia

goldengirls2011
                    Participant

Lots of prayers being said for you, Linda!

goldengirls2011
                      Participant

goldengirls2011
                        Participant

Karin L
                          Participant

I am praying for you Linda that this is just another of those d*** bumps in the road.  Be strong girl.

Karin

Karin L
                            Participant

I am praying for you Linda that this is just another of those d*** bumps in the road.  Be strong girl.

Karin

Karin L
                              Participant

Karin

himynameiskevin
                                Participant

For what it's worth, many thoughts coming from this way too. Hoping the best for you both. -Kevin

himynameiskevin
                                  Participant

For what it's worth, many thoughts coming from this way too. Hoping the best for you both. -Kevin

himynameiskevin
                                    Participant

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics