The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update on Jenna…Finally!

Forums General Melanoma Community Update on Jenna…Finally!

Participant

I am feeling guilty for not posting sooner, but we have been in the heat of it.  Jenna started to get really sick on the ipi trial, and we were thinking that maybe it was a good thing, but her disease continued to grow and spead.  She had bumps coming up everywhere…neck, chest, back, abdomen, even in the muscles of her arms and legs.  We knew we were losing ground quickly.  We had been pursuing MD Anderson for a MEK combo trial (since she responded so well to the MEK) for several months, and finally they were able to get her a spot in the BRAF/MEK trial…and none too

I am feeling guilty for not posting sooner, but we have been in the heat of it.  Jenna started to get really sick on the ipi trial, and we were thinking that maybe it was a good thing, but her disease continued to grow and spead.  She had bumps coming up everywhere…neck, chest, back, abdomen, even in the muscles of her arms and legs.  We knew we were losing ground quickly.  We had been pursuing MD Anderson for a MEK combo trial (since she responded so well to the MEK) for several months, and finally they were able to get her a spot in the BRAF/MEK trial…and none too soon.  It was difficult just traveling to get there.  We have been here for 2 weeks now and she started treatment one week ago today…Amazing!…her lumps are melting away, and she is feeling much better.  The CT scan that she had last week prior to starting was devastating.  Pretty much the only place she didn't have disease was her spleen.  She will not be scanned again for 2 months, but as we watch her visible disease fade, and she continues to feel better, we are encouraged to believe that internally she is responding well too. 

Thank you to all of you who have been praying for, Jenna.  It has carried us through some real lows to a place where we have hope for healing again. 

We are scheduled to go home tomorrw, and are looking forward to getting some "normalcy". 

Happy in Houston!

Lauren (mom to Jenna)

Viewing 25 reply threads
    • Replies
        KatyWI
        Participant

Amazing indeed!  Thanks for a joyous update.  I hope the news keeps getting better.

KatyWI
          Participant

Amazing indeed!  Thanks for a joyous update.  I hope the news keeps getting better.

Becky
            Participant

Lauren

I have been thinking about you guys and so happy for the positive update. Hang in there!

Becky

Becky
              Participant

Lauren

I have been thinking about you guys and so happy for the positive update. Hang in there!

Becky

King
                Participant

Do not feel guilty for one minute for not posting sooner.  There are only 24 hours in a day!!!  I promise to keep you and Jenna in my prayers.  I'm thrilled that you are able to return home tomorrow.

Stay Strong
                  King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
                  Participant

Do not feel guilty for one minute for not posting sooner.  There are only 24 hours in a day!!!  I promise to keep you and Jenna in my prayers.  I'm thrilled that you are able to return home tomorrow.

Stay Strong
                    King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

dian in spokane
                    Participant

Amazing, really.

Thank you so much for writing when things must still be so unsettled for you.

Keeping you in my thoughts.

dian

dian in spokane
                      Participant

Amazing, really.

Thank you so much for writing when things must still be so unsettled for you.

Keeping you in my thoughts.

dian

Hi Lauren, Glad to hear that Jenna is back on treatment that is working for her… sending you both positive thoughts all the way from OZ. Tina

Hi Lauren, Glad to hear that Jenna is back on treatment that is working for her… sending you both positive thoughts all the way from OZ. Tina

James from Sydney
                        Participant

Lauren

we are thinking of you guys so much and its great to hear Jenna is responding, i hope Jenna continues her improvement. You are a great mum and you must be so so proud of her, 

best wishes

James

James from Sydney
                          Participant

Lauren

we are thinking of you guys so much and its great to hear Jenna is responding, i hope Jenna continues her improvement. You are a great mum and you must be so so proud of her, 

best wishes

James

jag
                            Participant

Very glad to hear that Jenna is doing well.  Will keep up the prayers

God Bless

John

jag
                              Participant

Very glad to hear that Jenna is doing well.  Will keep up the prayers

God Bless

John

lhaley
                                Participant

Thank you for letting us know.  So glad that Jenna continues to feel better, hopefully this is a good sign.

Sending prayers and good vibes,

Linda

lhaley
                                  Participant

Thank you for letting us know.  So glad that Jenna continues to feel better, hopefully this is a good sign.

Sending prayers and good vibes,

Linda

sharmon
                                    Participant

It was wonderful to hear from you.  Brent and I are back home and normal never felt so good.  I know how you must feel about the progress.  Is this amazing news or what????  Blessings to you and Jenna and Dad to!  Keep up the good work and we are thinking of you daily.  Prayers and hugs all around. 

Sharon and Brent

sharmon
                                      Participant

It was wonderful to hear from you.  Brent and I are back home and normal never felt so good.  I know how you must feel about the progress.  Is this amazing news or what????  Blessings to you and Jenna and Dad to!  Keep up the good work and we are thinking of you daily.  Prayers and hugs all around. 

Sharon and Brent

ValinMtl
                                        Participant

Thank you Lauren for posting and keeping us informed.  We all are sending positive vibes and prayers for Jenna as you well know.  May the disease faded away forever and ever.  Val

ValinMtl
                                          Participant

Thank you Lauren for posting and keeping us informed.  We all are sending positive vibes and prayers for Jenna as you well know.  May the disease faded away forever and ever.  Val

Sharyn
                                            Participant

Lauren, what a rollercoaster ride indeed! But I am so happy to hear that Jenna has bounced back, and I wish her continued healing. Thank you for the update.

Hugs

Sharyn

Stage IV

Sharyn
                                              Participant

Lauren, what a rollercoaster ride indeed! But I am so happy to hear that Jenna has bounced back, and I wish her continued healing. Thank you for the update.

Hugs

Sharyn

Stage IV

MaryD
                                                Participant

What a challenging few weeks it has been but I am so happy you and Jenna will be coming home!   Prayers, of course, continue but how encouraging to see the response Jenna is having to the trial and thankfully she is feeling better too.

You have a safe trip back home and I hope both of you can get some much needed rest!

Love,

Mary

MaryD
                                                  Participant

What a challenging few weeks it has been but I am so happy you and Jenna will be coming home!   Prayers, of course, continue but how encouraging to see the response Jenna is having to the trial and thankfully she is feeling better too.

You have a safe trip back home and I hope both of you can get some much needed rest!

Love,

Mary

Donna
                                                    Participant

Terrific news that Jenna is responding to this treatment. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Donna R (mom to Jaime, mel angel)

KellieSue
                                                        Participant

I'm so glad to hear the trial is working for Jenna. What a stressful few weeks that must have been!

Kellie, Stage IV

KellieSue
                                                          Participant

I'm so glad to hear the trial is working for Jenna. What a stressful few weeks that must have been!

Kellie, Stage IV

Donna
                                                          Participant

Terrific news that Jenna is responding to this treatment. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Donna R (mom to Jaime, mel angel)

Viewing 25 reply threads
                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics