The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update: Changing from Zelboraf to Tafinlar/MEK combo – if insurance approves

Forums General Melanoma Community Update: Changing from Zelboraf to Tafinlar/MEK combo – if insurance approves

Participant

Haven't updated in awhile, but we are back in TX and had my appointment with Dr. Papa this morning. Scans looked good. The spot on my liver is responding well. Smaller with less uptake on the PET.  I have been having issues with diarrhea for a few weeks now. Went to TX 6/13 and  he added Yervoy. I was already having some diarrhea then I assumed from the Zelboraf. Had Yervoy 7/3/13. Put in hospital 7/26/13 for increased diarrhea. turned out to be cdiff. Cleared all that up, but diarrhea still persists. Been on steriods since 8/1/13.

Haven't updated in awhile, but we are back in TX and had my appointment with Dr. Papa this morning. Scans looked good. The spot on my liver is responding well. Smaller with less uptake on the PET.  I have been having issues with diarrhea for a few weeks now. Went to TX 6/13 and  he added Yervoy. I was already having some diarrhea then I assumed from the Zelboraf. Had Yervoy 7/3/13. Put in hospital 7/26/13 for increased diarrhea. turned out to be cdiff. Cleared all that up, but diarrhea still persists. Been on steriods since 8/1/13.  This trip he also decided not to continue Yervoy due to this.  Will have a colonoscopy to make sure it is not colitis. If not colitis, I can stop the steriods. Overall I feel blessed and optimistic that all is going well.

Becky

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        GAngel
        Participant

Hi Becky, I am glad that your tumor in liver is responding well! I hope your insurance will approve the combo as my husband has been on the combo now for 3 weeks (he was on Zel and responding really good but suffering with a multitude of severe side effects) and he is doing much better as far as the side effects go on the combo.  

I will be praying for you that all goes well with your treatment. Keep that optimistic outlook.  Remember that through it all the Lord is always with you, He is in control and will never forsake you! 

Love and blessings to you and yours, 

Gina 

GAngel
          Participant

Hi Becky, I am glad that your tumor in liver is responding well! I hope your insurance will approve the combo as my husband has been on the combo now for 3 weeks (he was on Zel and responding really good but suffering with a multitude of severe side effects) and he is doing much better as far as the side effects go on the combo.  

I will be praying for you that all goes well with your treatment. Keep that optimistic outlook.  Remember that through it all the Lord is always with you, He is in control and will never forsake you! 

Gina 

GAngel
            Participant

Gina 

Tina D
              Participant

Glad things are going well & hopefully by now ( I JUST saw this post- doing some catching up) your bowel issues have stabilized.

Tina

Tina D
                Participant

Glad things are going well & hopefully by now ( I JUST saw this post- doing some catching up) your bowel issues have stabilized.

Tina

Tina D
                  Participant

Tina

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics