The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update – Baby!

Forums Caregiver Community Update – Baby!

Participant

Just wanted to check in to announce the birth of our son Jamieson . Feb 3rd at 11:37 am via c-section ( baby was breech. 6 lbs 12 ozs at 37 weeks and 1 day.

Hospital was amazing in accommodating my husband with his wheelchair and my mom and caregivers… he got to be in the OR and held the baby before I did!

It seems like Jason has been saving all his energy to make it to the delivery date and now he is relaxed and letting nature take it's course. I'm sure it won't be long now but im so happy i got to share the last 5 years of my life with and that we got to create a new life together.

Emily

Viewing 32 reply threads
    • Replies
        justlittleoleme
        Participant

Emily,

Congratulations! Awesome news!  So happy for you and Jason.

Enjoy your time together with your new baby boy!!

barb

justlittleoleme
          Participant

Emily,

barb

justlittleoleme
            Participant

Emily,

barb

KellieSue
              Participant
                Emily, thank you for updating about the birth of your son. Im so glad Jason was able to be there. Enjoy your time.

Kellie(from Iowa)

KellieSue
                Participant
                  Emily, thank you for updating about the birth of your son. Im so glad Jason was able to be there. Enjoy your time.

Kellie(from Iowa)

KellieSue
                  Participant

Kellie(from Iowa)

eerye70
                    Participant

Hooray! I am so glad to know that you and the baby are doing well, that Jason got to hold his little man and that he was there for this amazing time. I hope that his time left, however short or long is full of wonderful memories and love.

Debbie

eerye70
                      Participant

Hooray! I am so glad to know that you and the baby are doing well, that Jason got to hold his little man and that he was there for this amazing time. I hope that his time left, however short or long is full of wonderful memories and love.

Debbie

eerye70
                        Participant

Debbie

Minnesota
                          Participant

Congratulations to mom and dad!

I am new here, and had read your other posts. I am so happy you were able to deliver at 37 weeks, he was a perfect size, and I love his name. 

Minnesota
                            Participant

I am new here, and had read your other posts. I am so happy you were able to deliver at 37 weeks, he was a perfect size, and I love his name. 

Minnesota
                              Participant

lhaley
                                Participant

Emily,

I am so thrilled that Jason has been able to meet Jamieson.  I love his name!!! What an honor to Jason.   

I've been blocked out of this site and has been just trying and trying to post.

I know this will be such a difficult time for you but it's so good that Jason has been able to get his wish to meet his son. Please keep us up to date.

Linda

lhaley
                                  Participant

Emily,

I am so thrilled that Jason has been able to meet Jamieson.  I love his name!!! What an honor to Jason.   

I know this will be such a difficult time for you but it's so good that Jason has been able to get his wish to meet his son. Please keep us up to date.

Linda

lhaley
                                    Participant

Emily,

Linda

Gene_S
                                      Participant

That is wonderful news that the Jason was here to be with you during the delivery and get to meet his new son.  I wish all the best to you and the family.  I remember how much you wanted him to be here for this beautiful birth.  I will keep you and the family in my prayers.

Judy (loving wife and caregiver of Gene Stage IV)

Gene_S
                                        Participant

That is wonderful news that the Jason was here to be with you during the delivery and get to meet his new son.  I wish all the best to you and the family.  I remember how much you wanted him to be here for this beautiful birth.  I will keep you and the family in my prayers.

Gene_S
                                          Participant

NYKaren
                                            Participant

Dear Emily,

I'm so happy for you both.  Enjoy.  I also just love his name.

Warmly,

karen

NYKaren
                                              Participant

Dear Emily,

Warmly,

karen

NYKaren
                                                Participant

Dear Emily,

Warmly,

karen

hope4cure1
                                                  Participant

I'm so happy for you guys!  There's nothing as cuddly and beautiful as a new son or daughter.  Congratulations and I hope you enjoy every single magic moment!

Hope

hope4cure1
                                                    Participant

I'm so happy for you guys!  There's nothing as cuddly and beautiful as a new son or daughter.  Congratulations and I hope you enjoy every single magic moment!

Hope

hope4cure1
                                                      Participant

Hope

NancyGM
                                                        Participant

Sounds like your son was welcomed with much love. I am so happy for you and Jason that you got to share such a beautiful experience.

NancyGM
                                                          Participant

Sounds like your son was welcomed with much love. I am so happy for you and Jason that you got to share such a beautiful experience.

NancyGM
                                                            Participant

MaryD
                                                              Participant

How wonderful for all of you – such a special time and I know all three of you will cherish every precious moment together.

Mary

MaryD
                                                                Participant

How wonderful for all of you – such a special time and I know all three of you will cherish every precious moment together.

Mary

MaryD
                                                                  Participant

Mary

mattsterama
                                                                    Participant

Emily and Jason,

Congrats on the new arrival, your post and previous posts have brought tears to my eyes.  I am so happy Jason was there for the birth, it is one experience I will never forget.  Send Jason my best and my best to you and Jamieson.  Your story has amazed me as someone recently diagnosed.  After reading your posts I realize that not only are you lucky to have been able to share those years but I know he's just as lucky, from my standpoint he couldn't have found a better partner to fight this battle with.

Matt

mattsterama
                                                                      Participant

Emily and Jason,

Congrats on the new arrival, your post and previous posts have brought tears to my eyes.  I am so happy Jason was there for the birth, it is one experience I will never forget.  Send Jason my best and my best to you and Jamieson.  Your story has amazed me as someone recently diagnosed.  After reading your posts I realize that not only are you lucky to have been able to share those years but I know he's just as lucky, from my standpoint he couldn't have found a better partner to fight this battle with.

Matt

mattsterama
                                                                        Participant

Emily and Jason,

Matt

Viewing 32 reply threads

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics