The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Forums General Melanoma Community Update and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Participant

My husband went through so many tests the past two days. Endoscopy, colonoscopy and additional CTSCAN. This was for his abdominal cramping, stomach pains and gas. Everything came back clear. The only test left that they can do is the camera in a capsule to further look at his small intestine. They could not do that one unless they did the other test first. Something about insurance no covering it and that this is the normal process for investigating stomach issues.

My husband went through so many tests the past two days. Endoscopy, colonoscopy and additional CTSCAN. This was for his abdominal cramping, stomach pains and gas. Everything came back clear. The only test left that they can do is the camera in a capsule to further look at his small intestine. They could not do that one unless they did the other test first. Something about insurance no covering it and that this is the normal process for investigating stomach issues.   Although after all these test the doctor did say it appeared he had Irritable bowel syndrome and reflux, probably from stress. He did put him on Prilosec and he seems to feel better, so that's good news at least he feels better and relieved. We may still pursue the capsule test, but another thing the doctor said was if my husband had another intussception or any blockage that he would have never been able to drink all the fluid for the colonoscopy that he would have thrown up.

i think we both feel better after all these tests, it's scary when you have stomach problems and you have had mets to your small intestine before. We will probably still do the capsule camera test because at this point what's one more test going to hurt.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and enjoys the day.

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        King
        Participant

Rebecca,

Thanks for the update.  I was thinking about you and Bob.  I like the results of all the testing!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Stay Strong
          King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
          Participant

Rebecca,

Thanks for the update.  I was thinking about you and Bob.  I like the results of all the testing!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Stay Strong
            King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

lhaley
            Participant

I am so happy for your family that everything looks ok!!  It seems that when we have a symptom the stress hits and the symptoms get so much worse. It's good that you were on top of this!  If Bob is still worried I'd go ahead with the last test just to assure him that all is ok.

I had posted last week that I was having a brain mri because of symptoms – all was clear. While I still have the same things going on I am dealing better with them because I know they are not melanoma related!! Without the worrying about them I don't seem to be in a cycle where they get worse.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, thank you for taking the time to let us all know your good news!

Linda

lhaley
              Participant

I am so happy for your family that everything looks ok!!  It seems that when we have a symptom the stress hits and the symptoms get so much worse. It's good that you were on top of this!  If Bob is still worried I'd go ahead with the last test just to assure him that all is ok.

I had posted last week that I was having a brain mri because of symptoms – all was clear. While I still have the same things going on I am dealing better with them because I know they are not melanoma related!! Without the worrying about them I don't seem to be in a cycle where they get worse.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, thank you for taking the time to let us all know your good news!

Linda

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics