The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update

Participant
      I haven’t posted for awhile so I thought I would fill you in. I had a pet scan 2 weeks ago. It did not show any new spots but the one I have showed brighter. It also showed that my colitis was not gone. So I didn’t have my third IPI treatment and I’m staying on the steroids. I went in again this past Fri. And will be staying on the steroids for 3 more weeks.

He told me that the IPI has ramped up my immune system with just the 2 treatments and that if I got more it would just creat more problems. He stopped short of saying it was kicking the cancer. It’s too soon to know. It’s just good to know it has been ramped up.

I pray for healing for all of us, stay strong!

Nancy

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Linny
        Participant

Ramped up is good! May your immune system continue kicking butt!

Linda

Linny
          Participant

Linda

Linny
            Participant

Linda

kylez
              Participant

Hi Nancy, no new spots is really good. 

It does sound like you're in a position to potentially be responding, as your oncologist says, but IPI and your immune system need more time than they've had so far to show what they're up to, also as your onc says.

I didn't know they could see colitis on PET scans, so I just learned something new.

Roxy1453
                  Participant
                    I did not know they could tell either. I guess it showed red on the scan.
                    Roxy1453
                    Participant
                      Roxy1453
                      Participant
                      kylez
                      Participant

It does sound like you're in a position to potentially be responding, as your oncologist says, but IPI and your immune system need more time than they've had so far to show what they're up to, also as your onc says.

I didn't know they could see colitis on PET scans, so I just learned something new.

kylez
                        Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics