The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

update

• This topic is empty.
    Participant

I am taken back by all the Christmas Blessing we have recieved this year. There are so many angels on earth with such big hearts. My kids had one of the best Christmas's ever thanks to all the support we recieved from family and friends. And even though I catch myself wondering if this is my last Christmas with them, my overwhelming fears are actually getting better. (Plus I am taking the Cymbalta)

I am taken back by all the Christmas Blessing we have recieved this year. There are so many angels on earth with such big hearts. My kids had one of the best Christmas's ever thanks to all the support we recieved from family and friends. And even though I catch myself wondering if this is my last Christmas with them, my overwhelming fears are actually getting better. (Plus I am taking the Cymbalta)

I stopped taking the Ritalin for fatigue last week and have found myself overly tired all over again. However, I keep reminding myself that I am halfway through the year of interferon treatments and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. My family has been very supportive in putting up with my tired and grouchy butt. The only other issues I seem to be facing is the daily nausea and leg pains on the days after injections. It is such a deep pain, especially in my pelvic area and upper legs. It doesn't help after working twelve hour shifts at the hospital. Any suggestions for this? I have tried creams, heat, Norco….it is so deep that it seems like nothing can get to it. I have my husband use his fist and put pressure on my legs just to get some relief. (not sure why that helps)

I go back to see oncologist in Jan and the Dermatologist in March. Praying that no other issues arise.

May everyone have a Blessed and Merry Chirstmas and a safe and Happy New Year. (i am so burning the 2011 calendar! What a year….geez)

Rachel – Stage IIb  Area popped up on arm in Jan 2011, surgery to remove Feb 2011, malignant melanoma.  Not in lymph nodes. Interferon started in May 2011. First month IV then injections. Scared to death of returning.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics