The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update

Participant
      Hi all
      It’s been a while since I updated as needed a break, but recent scan results showed the progression I was expecting so that ended the Nivo rechallenge. Thankfully they had a trial ready to go for me and yesterday I signed up to the PLATforM trial testing Spartazilimab (PD1) and Ribociclib (CDK 4/6 inhibitor used in breast cancer). As usual the list of potential side effects is horrendous but no option but to keep pushing on.
      I had hoped to get on the LN144 TILS trial but it is full globally at present. Hopefully this trial gives me enough time to get on some new TILS trials opening next year
      Best wishes to all
      Mark
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          Oh Mark! I’m so sorry. You have an amazing spirit!!! I was looking at that trial with interest for another melanoma peep yesterday. I don’t have a great deal of information about it, but I thought it held promise!! I will keep all fingers and toes crossed that it serves you well and causes you as few negatives as possible!!!!!!!!!! Hang in tough like you always do! Ratties Rock! love, c
          jbronicki
          Participant
            Hi Mark,

So nice to hear from you but sorry to hear about the rechallenge with progression. I still often find myself thinking about your work with the Thames River, your work and story have stuck with me for a long time. The world needs you and I’m sure your family does too. I’m hoping this trial is what is needed to get safely and with hopefully minimal horrendous side effects to the TILS trial, I know little but there is a lot of buzz between breast cancer and melanoma treatment.

Many best wishes,
            jackie

lkb
            Participant
              Mark, it’s nice to hear from you. Sorry to learn of the progression; I’m glad you found a trial. Vibing you the good heals from across the pond.
              Lisa
              MarkR
              Participant
                Thanks all for the comments – just keep trying to stay positive and live as normal a life as possible. Still running and cycling but can’t help feeling like I may be at the start of feeling the impact of the disease. Still I intend to crack on regardless and heading off to Austria skiing in a few weeks which should cheer me back up!!
                Best wishes to you all
                Mark
            Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics