The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update!!

Forums General Melanoma Community Update!!

Participant

Hey everyone, I just wanted to give y'all an update.

I meet with my surgeon yesterday and went over our game plan/treatment plan. He has decided he's getting me into surgery this coming Monday the 13th. They are going to put me under and start me on my back. They are going to do the SNB on my right armpit and in my groin around my right side. Then they plan to flip me over on my stomach and do my procedure on my back to try and get nice clean cancer free margins. He said I will have quite a bit of stables because suters won't hold quite as well as staples in such a high muscle tension area. I am very glad to have a game plan but also very nervous to go under the knife and how I will feel out of surgery. I have three toddlers and work full time and am a wife so I hope I can juggle everything. Wish me all the luck! I'll keep y'all updated next week <3

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Replies
        BillB
        Participant

Good luck next week, everyone here will be thinking about you and hoping for a successful surgery and quick recovery.

Bill

Savymoo23
            Participant

Thank you Bill!

Bubbles
            Participant

It sounds like a good plan, Savannah.  It will be tough!  But…I'm betting you are much tougher!!!  Hang in there.  You got this!!  celeste

Joycem
              Participant

Hi Savannah,

I just want to send well wishes. (Also I love your sunflower.)

Also perhaps it would be encouraging that I had a very deep  (>8mm) lesion and my SNB was clear and only monitoring needed. 2 years since dx and no spread or recurrence and I’ve met lots of nice people, especially on this message board. (Of course I still worry, but good to know so many wise and kind people here if needed, and improvements in treatment coming all the time) 

With 3 wee ones I guess you don’t need anything to keep your mind occupied! I hope you can spare some time to be extra good to yourself during the waiting times. 

Blessings, 

Joyce

Hi Savannah,

Just wanted to let you know I'll be thinking of you on Monday.  I am also a working mother and wife and knonw the struggle of juggling everything without cancer nevermind with.  All I can tell you is that you shouldn't expect to keep on juggling it all right now.  Take some time to recover.  Let your spouse help you.  Let your family and friends help you.  Rest, relax and recover.  Then you can go back to juggling.  I had to back off from my normal load at home and at work during my cancer journey.  The best thing I did was teach my husband to do laundry and cook.  I've taken those things back because I'm just better at them but now he makes a great chili and understands the laundry struggle.  I'm on the other side, coming into the light at the end of the tunnel and from here things look a lot better.  You can do this.  

Good wishes to you.

Jennifer

MelanomaMike
                Participant

Prayers & GoodVibes yer way Savannah! it will go smooth, it just has to!…Mike

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics