The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Uh oh, new melanoma just popped up

Forums General Melanoma Community Uh oh, new melanoma just popped up

Participant

Last night I noticed a mole that had changed significantly in what seems overnight. It has the same characteristics as the melanoma I had removed from my arm. I'm anxiously waiting for my derm to squeeze me in for a biopsy and I can't help but wonder if this mel will one day spread to my lymph nodes in my groin or leg. My primary had a 5% chance of spreading to my lymph nodes and it did spread to my armpit.  Gotta think positive, but it's so hard when you've already been through it before.

Last night I noticed a mole that had changed significantly in what seems overnight. It has the same characteristics as the melanoma I had removed from my arm. I'm anxiously waiting for my derm to squeeze me in for a biopsy and I can't help but wonder if this mel will one day spread to my lymph nodes in my groin or leg. My primary had a 5% chance of spreading to my lymph nodes and it did spread to my armpit.  Gotta think positive, but it's so hard when you've already been through it before.

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Replies
        washoegal
        Participant

Good luck!  And good work being so deligent about checking your skin.  Sounds lke even if it is Mel you caught it very early, I know it is difficult, but you have every reason to think positively.

Mary

Satge 3

Sharon in Reno
            Participant

Catching it earlier has saved my life 3 times this yr…so good for you…and as far as anxieties go.. I take a pill (antivan) smiley havene't figured that one out yet. Good Luck & God Bless. love, Sharon in Reno Stage IV

JC
            Participant

when you say your primary had 5% chance of spreading, what was the pathology. . Breslow, Clark, mitosis, ulceration, etc. . ?  just curious what they consider 5% chance of spreading

JC
              Participant

when you say your primary had 5% chance of spreading, what was the pathology. . Breslow, Clark, mitosis, ulceration, etc. . ?  just curious what they consider 5% chance of spreading

JC
                Participant

JC
                  Participant

JC
                    Participant

JC
                      Participant

Viewing 6 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics