The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

tumor on the brain

Forums General Melanoma Community tumor on the brain

Participant

just wanted to give you all an update. Today is March 6, I have been in the hospital since friday having siezures. They found a 1 1/2 cm tumor on my brain that has to be removed on Wensday.  I am scared to death but I also know it is all in Gods hands.

just wanted to give you all an update. Today is March 6, I have been in the hospital since friday having siezures. They found a 1 1/2 cm tumor on my brain that has to be removed on Wensday.  I am scared to death but I also know it is all in Gods hands.

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        jmmm
        Participant
          Brain mets are really scary. My husband had a 5.5 x 5.0 cm one in October. He had a craniotomy…the scariest surgery yet, but the recovery was the easiest…really tired, but no pain. Your tumor is still fairly small, have they discussed gamma knife of SRS with you. Usually they can do that for mets under 3 cm. It’s a loss less invasive than a craniotomy. Prayers for you for peace and a safe surgery. We were terrified before my hubby’s surgery, but it really wasn’t as bad as we expected.
          jmmm
          Participant
            Brain mets are really scary. My husband had a 5.5 x 5.0 cm one in October. He had a craniotomy…the scariest surgery yet, but the recovery was the easiest…really tired, but no pain. Your tumor is still fairly small, have they discussed gamma knife of SRS with you. Usually they can do that for mets under 3 cm. It’s a loss less invasive than a craniotomy. Prayers for you for peace and a safe surgery. We were terrified before my hubby’s surgery, but it really wasn’t as bad as we expected.
            jmmm
            Participant
              FormerCaregiver
              Participant

Elaine, thanks for the update on your condition. Hopefully they will be able to remove the entire tumour, and this will prevent further seizures.

You are in my prayers.

Take care

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                Participant

Elaine, thanks for the update on your condition. Hopefully they will be able to remove the entire tumour, and this will prevent further seizures.

You are in my prayers.

Take care

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                  Participant

You are in my prayers.

Take care

Frank from Australia

Phil S
                    Participant
                      My husband also had brain surgery in October, and we were very scared, that’s totally understandable. Just know, that his surgery went very smooth and he was out of the hospital in two days and feeling pretty well. He didn’t experience any pain, just had to wean off the steroids over the next week. I have a picture of him at a pumpkin farm with our kids the weekend after surgery, and our joke is that he looked terrific, the best he has looked in a long time! We will be thinking of you this week and wishing you a smooth recovery, god bless, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                      Phil S
                      Participant
                        My husband also had brain surgery in October, and we were very scared, that’s totally understandable. Just know, that his surgery went very smooth and he was out of the hospital in two days and feeling pretty well. He didn’t experience any pain, just had to wean off the steroids over the next week. I have a picture of him at a pumpkin farm with our kids the weekend after surgery, and our joke is that he looked terrific, the best he has looked in a long time! We will be thinking of you this week and wishing you a smooth recovery, god bless, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                        Phil S
                        Participant
                          lhaley
                          Participant

I had SRS done Oct 17th. Then as the tumor started to shrink I had lots of edema. Recently had a crainectomy and am recovering quickly – now a month later. Most of the recovering was because I was on steroids for 5 months. Off of them as of this past Friday. 

Is this tumor in an easy way for the neursurgeon to get to or have they discussed SRS or Gamma.   The surgery for me was easier then other surgeries that I've had!  Was in intensive care for 1 day but my family was allowed to stay in there the entire time. More for me to be watched and to stay from infections from others.

By the way, I'm considered to be NED again!  They do have to get your seizures under control. Don't be scared but please keep us letting know what is going on.  Also where are you being treated?

Linda

lhaley
                            Participant

I had SRS done Oct 17th. Then as the tumor started to shrink I had lots of edema. Recently had a crainectomy and am recovering quickly – now a month later. Most of the recovering was because I was on steroids for 5 months. Off of them as of this past Friday. 

Is this tumor in an easy way for the neursurgeon to get to or have they discussed SRS or Gamma.   The surgery for me was easier then other surgeries that I've had!  Was in intensive care for 1 day but my family was allowed to stay in there the entire time. More for me to be watched and to stay from infections from others.

By the way, I'm considered to be NED again!  They do have to get your seizures under control. Don't be scared but please keep us letting know what is going on.  Also where are you being treated?

Linda

lhaley
                              Participant

Linda

aldakota22
                                Participant

It has to be scary.You do what you have to.So much to live for.All my prayers for the best possible outcome.Keep  us posted.  Al

aldakota22
                                  Participant

It has to be scary.You do what you have to.So much to live for.All my prayers for the best possible outcome.Keep  us posted.  Al

aldakota22
                                    Participant

Maxximom
                                      Participant

Elaine..I am so sorry to hear about your setback..of course you're scared..but I know that all will go well. My prayers are with you. I will be at the James on Thursday for my second IPPI  infusion and will ask Dr Kendra how your surgery went.. Of course I am not sure if they will tell me anything.. those HIPPA rules, you know..but I will ask.Wishing you all the best. I live close to OSU ..if I can help you in any way,please let me know.

Joan

Maxximom
                                        Participant

Elaine..I am so sorry to hear about your setback..of course you're scared..but I know that all will go well. My prayers are with you. I will be at the James on Thursday for my second IPPI  infusion and will ask Dr Kendra how your surgery went.. Of course I am not sure if they will tell me anything.. those HIPPA rules, you know..but I will ask.Wishing you all the best. I live close to OSU ..if I can help you in any way,please let me know.

Joan

ElaineLinn
                                            Participant

had a change of plain. I descided to take part of a clinical trial, Hoping that if it doesnt help me maybe it will help someone else. I will be having 3 days of Chemo starting on Wensday, one on Thursday and last one on Friday. As soon as I have the one on Friday I will go into surgery. I will have to prolong my IPPI trial for a while but I am praying that the 2 treatments that I took has had some effect. After 4 weeks of healing then I will go into radiation for 4 weeks. It is going to be a long trial. But I really do have good thoughts for it. Hoping I will get to go home next week sometime. Thank you so much Joan for all your good thoughts and prayers and I wish you nothing but the best!

Maxximom
                                              Participant

Elaine.. it sounds like you and the doctors have a good plan in place. did ask about you yesterday when I went to the James for my second Yervoy infusion..as I susspected.. they couldn't give me any infomation, because of the Privacy rules.  My infusion went well.. but I have had Diarrrhea on and off since last weekend..I think I am living on Immodium. If you would like my phone number .. email me and I will be happy to give it to you. How are the seizures..have you had any more> I assume that you are in the hospital here and not at home as yet. My prayers and good wishes continue.

Joan

Maxximom
                                                Participant

Elaine.. it sounds like you and the doctors have a good plan in place. did ask about you yesterday when I went to the James for my second Yervoy infusion..as I susspected.. they couldn't give me any infomation, because of the Privacy rules.  My infusion went well.. but I have had Diarrrhea on and off since last weekend..I think I am living on Immodium. If you would like my phone number .. email me and I will be happy to give it to you. How are the seizures..have you had any more> I assume that you are in the hospital here and not at home as yet. My prayers and good wishes continue.

Joan

Maxximom
                                                  Participant

Joan

ElaineLinn
                                                    Participant

had a change of plain. I descided to take part of a clinical trial, Hoping that if it doesnt help me maybe it will help someone else. I will be having 3 days of Chemo starting on Wensday, one on Thursday and last one on Friday. As soon as I have the one on Friday I will go into surgery. I will have to prolong my IPPI trial for a while but I am praying that the 2 treatments that I took has had some effect. After 4 weeks of healing then I will go into radiation for 4 weeks. It is going to be a long trial. But I really do have good thoughts for it. Hoping I will get to go home next week sometime. Thank you so much Joan for all your good thoughts and prayers and I wish you nothing but the best!

ElaineLinn
                                                      Participant

Maxximom
                                                      Participant

Joan

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics