The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Tremadon on Brain turmor/lung mets/

Forums General Melanoma Community Tremadon on Brain turmor/lung mets/

Participant

I just had surgery on a 2 1/2 cm brain tumor and done the muskadermas trial this was 3 weekago. Just found out today that while doing my ct cans for radiation that I now have more tumors. So I will be going under the Gama Knife radiation, and hopefull this takes care of these turmos. Then I will doing the Tremadol trial. I  wish I knew more about this study but right now I am running out of choices. I know that if its Gods will it will be done and I really believe that god will heal me, or he has other plans for me. I guess we will find out real soon

I just had surgery on a 2 1/2 cm brain tumor and done the muskadermas trial this was 3 weekago. Just found out today that while doing my ct cans for radiation that I now have more tumors. So I will be going under the Gama Knife radiation, and hopefull this takes care of these turmos. Then I will doing the Tremadol trial. I  wish I knew more about this study but right now I am running out of choices. I know that if its Gods will it will be done and I really believe that god will heal me, or he has other plans for me. I guess we will find out real soon

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        kylez
        Participant

Elaine,

Which Temodar study are you doing? Is it the high-dose Temodar study for CNS mets at Tufts? Or another one?

I was at a Brain Tumor support group meeting last night. Most of the attendees were there for primary brain cancers, I was the only one with metastatic disease (melanoma). 

Hang in there, keep rested, keep moving forward, take it one day at a time.

– Kyle

kylez
          Participant

Elaine,

Which Temodar study are you doing? Is it the high-dose Temodar study for CNS mets at Tufts? Or another one?

I was at a Brain Tumor support group meeting last night. Most of the attendees were there for primary brain cancers, I was the only one with metastatic disease (melanoma). 

– Kyle

kylez
            Participant

Elaine,

– Kyle

FormerCaregiver
              Participant

Elaine, I am not sure if you meant Temodar but here is some info about it:
                http://www.chemocare.com/bio/temodar.asp

You remain in my prayers.

Frank from Australia

ElaineLinn
                  Participant

Thank you so much Frank, I can not see very good and my memeory is NOT good at all.  I have been trying to find more on this medicine but hadnt been able to because of the spelling. Thank you so much. And thank you for keeping me in your prayers. as I will keep all of you in my prayers. I wish cancer was a word we never had to hear!

ElaineLinn
                    Participant

Thank you so much Frank, I can not see very good and my memeory is NOT good at all.  I have been trying to find more on this medicine but hadnt been able to because of the spelling. Thank you so much. And thank you for keeping me in your prayers. as I will keep all of you in my prayers. I wish cancer was a word we never had to hear!

ElaineLinn
                      Participant

FormerCaregiver
                      Participant

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                        Participant

Frank from Australia

love4life
                          Participant

Hi Elaine,

I have had brain and lung mets since 2009 and am also going for gamma knife (this week) for another tumour which was found in my brain.  I had a craniotomy in 2009 and gamma knife following and had no more tumours in the brain for the past two years. I asked my doctor about Temodor when I was in last week but he said it wasn't an option for me.  Not sure why not so I will be looking into that further.  Gamma Knife really is a powerful tool against brain mets and I figure that if I have to go for that every couple of years then so be it.  Keep your strong faith!

Good luck with everything and I will be thinking of you.

Take care,

Natalie

ElaineLinn
                              Participant

thank you so much because I am scared to death. It has only been 3 weeks since my surgery for the first tumor and now they found more. and they wont tell me how many till I get there for the gamma knife, I am afraid it is alot but I will continue to pray with all I have. And maybe I can beat this and move on for a few years anyways. I will also be meeting with Dr. Kendra the followin week to start the tramador  I dont know anymore I just do as they tell me and PRAY

ElaineLinn
                                Participant

thank you so much because I am scared to death. It has only been 3 weeks since my surgery for the first tumor and now they found more. and they wont tell me how many till I get there for the gamma knife, I am afraid it is alot but I will continue to pray with all I have. And maybe I can beat this and move on for a few years anyways. I will also be meeting with Dr. Kendra the followin week to start the tramador  I dont know anymore I just do as they tell me and PRAY

ElaineLinn
                                  Participant

love4life
                                  Participant

Hi Elaine,

I have had brain and lung mets since 2009 and am also going for gamma knife (this week) for another tumour which was found in my brain.  I had a craniotomy in 2009 and gamma knife following and had no more tumours in the brain for the past two years. I asked my doctor about Temodor when I was in last week but he said it wasn't an option for me.  Not sure why not so I will be looking into that further.  Gamma Knife really is a powerful tool against brain mets and I figure that if I have to go for that every couple of years then so be it.  Keep your strong faith!

Take care,

Natalie

love4life
                                    Participant

Hi Elaine,

Take care,

Natalie

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics