The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Too Busy Celebrating!!

Forums General Melanoma Community Too Busy Celebrating!!

Participant

I was going to post this two days ago when I got the news and I didn't because I was just too busy celebrating!  I have been on Zelboraf for 3 months because of several mets on my lungs and got all the crappy side effects like it seems everyone else has suffered.  I prepared myself for the idea that my life would be forever diminished because I moved around like a 90 year old instead of the 27 I just turned.  I was frustrated for 3 months wondering if it was even worth it to go through this when I had to reduce the medication to half the dosage and I figured it wouldn&#39

I was going to post this two days ago when I got the news and I didn't because I was just too busy celebrating!  I have been on Zelboraf for 3 months because of several mets on my lungs and got all the crappy side effects like it seems everyone else has suffered.  I prepared myself for the idea that my life would be forever diminished because I moved around like a 90 year old instead of the 27 I just turned.  I was frustrated for 3 months wondering if it was even worth it to go through this when I had to reduce the medication to half the dosage and I figured it wouldn't even work.  And then came the day for my scan on Tuesday to see if there was any progress being made.  Miracle of Miracles – not ONE spot can be seen.  That's right folks, in only 3 months the Zelboraf has taken care of all visual spots!  My oncologist and I decided that I would continue taking Z for 3 more months and just try to make sure that no bad cells could remain and we even upped the dosage to see if I can handle it and really kick this thing in the butt.  I'm not gonna lie, I still am sore and moving slow today, but there is nothing hurting about this smile!  In three months I will get my scans and confirm NED and then a month later, I will marry the man of my dreams and start the beginning of a long life with him.  I never thought that I would see a "clear scan".  I was told that possibility only occurred in about 2% and I hung my heart on that number.  I have thanked God every spare minute I have had and pray that this nightmare never returns.  I pray for everyone who is going through this trial in life and I hope for positive outcomes and happy smiles.  So many people on here have influenced me with their positive attitudes and I thank you for your everlasting comfort.  Everyone on here is a hero and I wish you all the best!!!

Viewing 20 reply threads
    • Replies
        WendyR3
        Participant

Congratulations!  Always nice to hear good news!

WendyR3
          Participant

WendyR3
            Participant

Roxy1453
              Participant
                Congrats!! Such wonderful news!!
                Roxy1453
                Participant
                  Roxy1453
                  Participant
                    aldakota22
                    Participant

Thank God.Life is good and will only get better for you.All the best ..  Aldakota22

aldakota22
                      Participant

Thank God.Life is good and will only get better for you.All the best ..  Aldakota22

aldakota22
                        Participant

lhaley
                          Participant

What a great post!!!   We expect to see wedding pictures.  Thank you for the positive post that will give so many of us hope.

Linda

lhaley
                            Participant

What a great post!!!   We expect to see wedding pictures.  Thank you for the positive post that will give so many of us hope.

Linda

deardad
                                Participant

Great news, we really need some around this board lately.

Take care

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                                  Participant

Take care

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                                    Participant

Take care

Nahmi from Melbourne

lhaley
                                    Participant

Linda

Linny
                                      Participant

That's fantastic news! Congratulations!!!

Linny
                                        Participant

Linny
                                          Participant

pbnjelley
                                            Participant

Thank you for all the congratulatory responses!  It is my hope that a positive story will inspore some hope and I pray that more happy outcomes start appearing.  I also want those who are on Zelboraf to know that it can be effective and I think the more it's in use the better the numbers are going to get as more information becomes available on it. I know how frustrating all the side effects are, but have faith that it is doing its duty!  For all of you who cannot take the Zelboraf, I pray for you and the hope that your treatment is just as effective.  If anyone needs an extra prayer angel, let me know because I will gladly add you to my list.  Thank you again and God Bless!

pbnjelley
                                              Participant

Thank you for all the congratulatory responses!  It is my hope that a positive story will inspore some hope and I pray that more happy outcomes start appearing.  I also want those who are on Zelboraf to know that it can be effective and I think the more it's in use the better the numbers are going to get as more information becomes available on it. I know how frustrating all the side effects are, but have faith that it is doing its duty!  For all of you who cannot take the Zelboraf, I pray for you and the hope that your treatment is just as effective.  If anyone needs an extra prayer angel, let me know because I will gladly add you to my list.  Thank you again and God Bless!

Tina D
                                                  Participant

Wonderful, wonderful news!! Thank you for taking the time to share it! 

Tina D
                                                    Participant

Tina D
                                                      Participant

Retired41505
                                                        Participant

That's AWESOME. . .my son in law starts Zelboraf on Friday for nrain mets. . .14+ lesions. We are hoping for some good results.

Retired41505
                                                          Participant

That's AWESOME. . .my son in law starts Zelboraf on Friday for nrain mets. . .14+ lesions. We are hoping for some good results.

Retired41505
                                                            Participant

pbnjelley
                                                            Participant

Swanee
                                                              Participant

YOU GO GIRL  …..  TODAY IS YOUR DAY!!  These are wonderful words to encourage us all……there is hope, there is a cure and I pray we all find it!  Best wishes to you and all the rest fighting this battle!  …….. Swanee

Swanee
                                                                Participant

YOU GO GIRL  …..  TODAY IS YOUR DAY!!  These are wonderful words to encourage us all……there is hope, there is a cure and I pray we all find it!  Best wishes to you and all the rest fighting this battle!  …….. Swanee

Swanee
                                                                  Participant

Viewing 20 reply threads
                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics