The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

tomorrow i go to Vandy

Forums General Melanoma Community tomorrow i go to Vandy

Participant

Tomorrow i go to see if i have any mets anywhere. I cant remember how long one last. i have had one before with the breast cancer but i just cant remember. Guess its the drugs im on now. I also get my 3rd biopsy. Its to check if im B-RAF positive. My Dr, said the surgeon might take out a lymphnode but it seem like they would want to do the petscan and then the biopsy,,i dunno…ive had my night meds and ranting. my minds going 100 miles an hour. Im scared to death about the petscan. Im not sure if i could handel having cancer any other place than i have already.

Tomorrow i go to see if i have any mets anywhere. I cant remember how long one last. i have had one before with the breast cancer but i just cant remember. Guess its the drugs im on now. I also get my 3rd biopsy. Its to check if im B-RAF positive. My Dr, said the surgeon might take out a lymphnode but it seem like they would want to do the petscan and then the biopsy,,i dunno…ive had my night meds and ranting. my minds going 100 miles an hour. Im scared to death about the petscan. Im not sure if i could handel having cancer any other place than i have already. My tumor under my arm is over 4 inches wide and my nodes r all matted together . I just want them to go in and yank it all out…ne way…sorry for ranting but i know all you wonderful people understand me when no one else does,,I thank God for this board and i pray for all of you to be cancer free someday SOON

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        glewis923
        Participant

Best of good wishes and luck…..still looking into Vandy: Dr. Sosman; if my current 3-chemo regimin quits keeping my lung tumors "stable".

Love, Grady & Family.

carol b
            Participant

He is my surgeon for tomorrow for my biopsy. So far i have loved all my Dr.s at vandy. Now in Memphis that was a different story. But i believe the Dr.s at vandy are sincere and really want to cure you or at least do as much as possible to make your life longer.

carol b
              Participant

He is my surgeon for tomorrow for my biopsy. So far i have loved all my Dr.s at vandy. Now in Memphis that was a different story. But i believe the Dr.s at vandy are sincere and really want to cure you or at least do as much as possible to make your life longer.

glewis923
              Participant

Best of good wishes and luck…..still looking into Vandy: Dr. Sosman; if my current 3-chemo regimin quits keeping my lung tumors "stable".

Love, Grady & Family.

chet
                Participant

I'll be praying for you. Keep your head up:)

carol b
                    Participant

Thank you so much for your prayers.. i sure am going to need them and i believe in prayer.Ive seen so many miracles in my life from prayer..i have faih that prayers are asnwered. But in the end we know God is in control and sometimes he wants us with him

carol b
                      Participant

Thank you so much for your prayers.. i sure am going to need them and i believe in prayer.Ive seen so many miracles in my life from prayer..i have faih that prayers are asnwered. But in the end we know God is in control and sometimes he wants us with him

chet
                      Participant

I'll be praying for you. Keep your head up:)

dian in spokane
                        Participant

Good luck Carol.

I've just gotten back into town and opened this. I've been wondering about you. I'm glad you are getting your PET scan. I know you are nervous about it, and might not even see this before you go in. I hope that you get great results for that scan, but whatever happens, you'll just deal with it one step at a time, the way you have been.

I hope things go great.

Dian

dian in spokane
                          Participant

Good luck Carol.

I've just gotten back into town and opened this. I've been wondering about you. I'm glad you are getting your PET scan. I know you are nervous about it, and might not even see this before you go in. I hope that you get great results for that scan, but whatever happens, you'll just deal with it one step at a time, the way you have been.

I hope things go great.

Dian

triciad
                            Participant

Carol,

Remember – "The power of positive thought!"  You go in there and let them take all the pictures they need of you…so consider yourself a model.  Make sure you get the cover!!!!  You will be in my prayers for good results.  Please keep us posted.

God speed,

Tricia

carol b
                                Participant

Well, i got my core biopsy today.. Alot more aggressive about it than the little town i live in. I had a core biopsy in Nov. and it was a breeze compared to this one. Guess they needed a bigger chunk. Then i had my pet scan. Sad thing is i wont find out nothing till Nov. 3rd.. Thats a long wait right now. My Nodes are swelling more every day. I feel like i cant spare the time it takes for these test. But i also know its my best chance to live a couple more years untill the find a cure.Or maybe just a few more months even. They are coming up with better treatments every year. I HOPE they find a cure for this nasty disease or at least something to stabelize it so everyone could live long happy lives playing with there grand babies. Little sad tonite but thats nothing new. Night time is horrible, Thanks for caring enough to right me back. Praying all is well with you..You r an inspiration for me.. I find hope in you…

Carol Bellinger

lhaley
                                  Participant

Carol,

I've been out of town and jut read your post. I'm assuming you meant Feb 3rd for your results. The B-raf tests do take awhile but they should have your PET results tomorrow or the next day. If the anxiety of waiting gets to bad give them a call! 

They had to take a chunk out to do the b-raf, it is different than a fine needle biopsy. 

Night time is the worst. That's why you often find people in chat late at night or on facebook.  I don't think too many cancer survivors sleep well.

Did the Drs. at Vandy have any other suggestions?  If your not B-raf positive did they talk to you about MEK trials?

Linda

lhaley
                                    Participant

Carol,

I've been out of town and jut read your post. I'm assuming you meant Feb 3rd for your results. The B-raf tests do take awhile but they should have your PET results tomorrow or the next day. If the anxiety of waiting gets to bad give them a call! 

They had to take a chunk out to do the b-raf, it is different than a fine needle biopsy. 

Night time is the worst. That's why you often find people in chat late at night or on facebook.  I don't think too many cancer survivors sleep well.

Did the Drs. at Vandy have any other suggestions?  If your not B-raf positive did they talk to you about MEK trials?

Linda

triciad
                                      Participant

Carol,

I know what you mean about night being the hardest part of the day, so obviously, we have to look at it from a different angle.  Think of a sky filled with thousands of twinkling stars…each one represents a prayer for you.  Think of all of the nocturnal animals coming out to play..each hoping to bring a smile your way.  Think of the glorious moon glowing in the darkness…that's you…the beautiful moon.  Then, there's the darkness…the melanoma.  But every night, the moon is back.  Okay, so it goes through some phases, but it keeps coming back to shine.  Some battles leave us feeling more like crescents, but keep the fight going until your full again.

Think about the moon a little more.  Remember when someone going the moon was thought to be impossible?  It happened!  A cure for melanoma? It WILL happen, too!

As far as the biopsy, I'm glad they took a big chunk!  Tha't a big chunk of melanoma that's out of your body…accentuate the positive!  I know you're going through a rough, scary time.  We're all here for you.  You call for those scan results to put your mind at ease, and February 3rd will be here before you know it…a day after the groundhog!

You're in my prayers!

Tricia

triciad
                                        Participant

Carol,

I know what you mean about night being the hardest part of the day, so obviously, we have to look at it from a different angle.  Think of a sky filled with thousands of twinkling stars…each one represents a prayer for you.  Think of all of the nocturnal animals coming out to play..each hoping to bring a smile your way.  Think of the glorious moon glowing in the darkness…that's you…the beautiful moon.  Then, there's the darkness…the melanoma.  But every night, the moon is back.  Okay, so it goes through some phases, but it keeps coming back to shine.  Some battles leave us feeling more like crescents, but keep the fight going until your full again.

Think about the moon a little more.  Remember when someone going the moon was thought to be impossible?  It happened!  A cure for melanoma? It WILL happen, too!

As far as the biopsy, I'm glad they took a big chunk!  Tha't a big chunk of melanoma that's out of your body…accentuate the positive!  I know you're going through a rough, scary time.  We're all here for you.  You call for those scan results to put your mind at ease, and February 3rd will be here before you know it…a day after the groundhog!

You're in my prayers!

Tricia

carol b
                                          Participant

Well, i got my core biopsy today.. Alot more aggressive about it than the little town i live in. I had a core biopsy in Nov. and it was a breeze compared to this one. Guess they needed a bigger chunk. Then i had my pet scan. Sad thing is i wont find out nothing till Nov. 3rd.. Thats a long wait right now. My Nodes are swelling more every day. I feel like i cant spare the time it takes for these test. But i also know its my best chance to live a couple more years untill the find a cure.Or maybe just a few more months even. They are coming up with better treatments every year. I HOPE they find a cure for this nasty disease or at least something to stabelize it so everyone could live long happy lives playing with there grand babies. Little sad tonite but thats nothing new. Night time is horrible, Thanks for caring enough to right me back. Praying all is well with you..You r an inspiration for me.. I find hope in you…

Carol Bellinger

triciad
                                          Participant

Carol,

Remember – "The power of positive thought!"  You go in there and let them take all the pictures they need of you…so consider yourself a model.  Make sure you get the cover!!!!  You will be in my prayers for good results.  Please keep us posted.

God speed,

Tricia

Viewing 7 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics