The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

To borrow JAG’s term I’m now NEM

Forums General Melanoma Community To borrow JAG’s term I’m now NEM

• This topic has 24 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by jag.
    Participant

No freakin' evidence of Melanoma. NED or whatever it's all good.

The lower left lobectomy was a complete success.  The pathology is better than we had ever hoped for.  As we suspected the only need for the lobectomy was the damge caused to the airway by the tumor location.  There was evidence of necrosis and within a few months the tumor would have been gone, but their was also pneumonias collecting in the lower lobe and a swollen lymph node was putting pressure on the upper lobe.

No freakin' evidence of Melanoma. NED or whatever it's all good.

The lower left lobectomy was a complete success.  The pathology is better than we had ever hoped for.  As we suspected the only need for the lobectomy was the damge caused to the airway by the tumor location.  There was evidence of necrosis and within a few months the tumor would have been gone, but their was also pneumonias collecting in the lower lobe and a swollen lymph node was putting pressure on the upper lobe.

After surgery my blood oxygen maintained at or near 100%. 

I'm at home a bit tired but Oh so Happy. 

Bonnie Lea… it's time to DANCE.

Jerry from Cape Cod

Stage IV – Ipi "Brain" Trial week 111.  That's 2 years, 7 weeks.

Viewing 21 reply threads
    • Replies
        AS123
        Participant
          I love reading good news and am doing a happy dance for you in NC!!
          AS123
          Participant
            I love reading good news and am doing a happy dance for you in NC!!
            jim Breitfeller
            Participant

Congrats Jerry!!!!!!

Keep dancing!

Warm Regards

Jimmy B

jim Breitfeller
              Participant

Congrats Jerry!!!!!!

Keep dancing!

Warm Regards

Jimmy B

ValinMtl
                Participant

Oh Jerry, I'm just SO HAPPY for you…it's been a long haul but you did it…you 'done kilt the beast'.   Keep on cycling.  Val xx

ValinMtl
                  Participant

Oh Jerry, I'm just SO HAPPY for you…it's been a long haul but you did it…you 'done kilt the beast'.   Keep on cycling.  Val xx

Jerry from Cape Cod
                      Participant

Hi Val,

I haven't killed it by IT hasn't KILLED ME either….. smiley

Jerry from Cape Cod

Jerry from Cape Cod
                        Participant

Hi Val,

I haven't killed it by IT hasn't KILLED ME either….. smiley

Jerry from Cape Cod

dian in spokane
                        Participant

well done buddy boy!

recover quickly!

dian

dian in spokane
                          Participant

well done buddy boy!

recover quickly!

dian

Jim M.
                            Participant

Wonderful news Jerry!! I expect you to keep the good news coming!

God Bless,

Jim M.

Jim M.
                              Participant

Wonderful news Jerry!! I expect you to keep the good news coming!

God Bless,

Jim M.

lhaley
                                Participant

Soooo happy for you!  Hope you recoup quickly!

Linda

lhaley
                                  Participant

Soooo happy for you!  Hope you recoup quickly!

Linda

Rocco
                                    Participant

Congrats on the great news Jerry! 

Glad to hear that the surgery went well and that you're home.

-Rocco

Rocco
                                      Participant

Congrats on the great news Jerry! 

Glad to hear that the surgery went well and that you're home.

-Rocco

Bonnie Lea
                                        Participant

Dancin' in the moonlight……  yep Jerry you and me baby…our spouses can sit and watch, or we can do the 4 wheel jig? (dunno what I am saying)

Since I never managed to figure out the "happy dance"  think some cabbage patch kid invented it, I have to do a slow 4 step or box step but in my heart, its JIVE YEP  (even with lobsters and drawn butter)

Love Bonnie Lea

Bonnie Lea
                                          Participant

Dancin' in the moonlight……  yep Jerry you and me baby…our spouses can sit and watch, or we can do the 4 wheel jig? (dunno what I am saying)

Since I never managed to figure out the "happy dance"  think some cabbage patch kid invented it, I have to do a slow 4 step or box step but in my heart, its JIVE YEP  (even with lobsters and drawn butter)

Love Bonnie Lea

ChristineL
                                            Participant

That's wonderful to hear, Jerry.  I've been thinking of you  while you were at the hospital.  Bet you can't wait to get back on that bike of yours!  Soon.  🙂  Meantime, rest and be good to yourself.

Cheers,

ChristineL

ChristineL
                                              Participant

That's wonderful to hear, Jerry.  I've been thinking of you  while you were at the hospital.  Bet you can't wait to get back on that bike of yours!  Soon.  🙂  Meantime, rest and be good to yourself.

Cheers,

ChristineL

KevinM
                                                Participant

Jerry,

What great news!! Congrats to you…..you rock!

All my best,

Kevin

KevinM
                                                  Participant

Jerry,

What great news!! Congrats to you…..you rock!

All my best,

Kevin

jag
                                                    Participant

Jerry,  I am very happy for you.  I didn't lend you that term with expectations that I wan't it back, I'm hoping that more and more people borrow that baby in days to come.

I'm jumping around (well kind of tottering with most of the weight on my right foot-due to brain damage) all 200lbs of me!

Well, not really, but that is what is going on in my head.smiley

jag
                                                      Participant

Jerry,  I am very happy for you.  I didn't lend you that term with expectations that I wan't it back, I'm hoping that more and more people borrow that baby in days to come.

I'm jumping around (well kind of tottering with most of the weight on my right foot-due to brain damage) all 200lbs of me!

Well, not really, but that is what is going on in my head.smiley

Viewing 21 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics