The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Tinnitus, hot flashes, immunotherapy

Forums General Melanoma Community Tinnitus, hot flashes, immunotherapy

Participant

I have absolutely NO medical proof with this…just a gut feeling.  A few times I have seen these two issues questioned (different posts) as possible side affects from Yervoy treatment.  I haven't had Yervoy, but I did do HD IL2 Apr-Jun 2011.  Both are immunotherapy treatments.  I have had both ringing in the ears (tried stopping asprin, no help…MRI of the brain done Wednesday, all clear) and lots of hot flashes since treatment.  The tinnitus started about 2mos.

I have absolutely NO medical proof with this…just a gut feeling.  A few times I have seen these two issues questioned (different posts) as possible side affects from Yervoy treatment.  I haven't had Yervoy, but I did do HD IL2 Apr-Jun 2011.  Both are immunotherapy treatments.  I have had both ringing in the ears (tried stopping asprin, no help…MRI of the brain done Wednesday, all clear) and lots of hot flashes since treatment.  The tinnitus started about 2mos. ago…the hot flashes about a month or so after treatment (during treatment it was night sweats which is different).  Are these related to treatment?  I have no idea.  I just thought I would put this out there for someone else who might be searching for answers or possibilities in the future. 

Not only is this disease horrid, the treatments can be horrid with their side affects so any little bit of hope helps calm the nerves sometimes.

Karin

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        j.m.l.
        Participant

absolutely… I have had 3 treatments of yervoy so far. 3 days after after the second treatment, my ears started ringing immed. after sleep or naps. Every single day. The ringing starts at a high level but fortun. lowers to a bearable level within 2-3 hours. Everyday, every sleep and nap. I had ent look, hearing test and brain MRI. All clear. Two weeks from now I will meet with my onc and neurologist.  and get the last dose ipi. Will post what happens. If the ipi controls the cancer I can put up with the ringing. Good luck 

j.m.l.
          Participant

absolutely… I have had 3 treatments of yervoy so far. 3 days after after the second treatment, my ears started ringing immed. after sleep or naps. Every single day. The ringing starts at a high level but fortun. lowers to a bearable level within 2-3 hours. Everyday, every sleep and nap. I had ent look, hearing test and brain MRI. All clear. Two weeks from now I will meet with my onc and neurologist.  and get the last dose ipi. Will post what happens. If the ipi controls the cancer I can put up with the ringing. Good luck 

j.m.l.
            Participant

Theresa123
              Participant

Karin,  same thing here!!  I just thought it was me.  I am on Yervoy.  terrible hot flashes and ear ringing.  thanks.

Theresa123
                Participant

Karin,  same thing here!!  I just thought it was me.  I am on Yervoy.  terrible hot flashes and ear ringing.  thanks.

Theresa123
                  Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics