The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

TIL cell trial

Forums General Melanoma Community TIL cell trial

Participant

Hello everyone!  While I am not happy about the reason I am joining this community or the reasons you are all here, I am very thankful it exisits.  Reading about your struggles and successes is very motivating.  I found out last week that I have stage IV melanoma – it started in my leg in 2007 and has spread to my liver and pancreas.  I joined NCI's TIL cell trial and I start this week.  The first step is liver surgery on Thursday.  I have created a blog at http://www.melanomamom.com that I plan to update daily. 

Hello everyone!  While I am not happy about the reason I am joining this community or the reasons you are all here, I am very thankful it exisits.  Reading about your struggles and successes is very motivating.  I found out last week that I have stage IV melanoma – it started in my leg in 2007 and has spread to my liver and pancreas.  I joined NCI's TIL cell trial and I start this week.  The first step is liver surgery on Thursday.  I have created a blog at http://www.melanomamom.com that I plan to update daily.  The point is to document my experience participating in a clinical trial, and to share my fight with others.  I'm just posting it on here because maybe reading about my daily fight will help you with yours just as your stories are helping me.  Love and strength to all of you!

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Replies
        LynnLuc
        Participant

Sorry to hear that you have Melanoma- Hoping you respond well to your trial!!-Lynn

Becky
            Participant

Thanks for sharing, I will follow your progress on your blog..sending positive vibes your way

Becky

Becky
              Participant

Thanks for sharing, I will follow your progress on your blog..sending positive vibes your way

Becky

LynnLuc
              Participant

Sorry to hear that you have Melanoma- Hoping you respond well to your trial!!-Lynn

jag
                Participant

Good luck melanomamom!

Keep us updated.

John

jag
                  Participant

Good luck melanomamom!

Keep us updated.

John

LBIO
                    Participant

Melanoma Mom,

I work for Lion Bio and we are involved with these clinical trials. This treatment is so promisng! While cancer is not exciting, this treatment is and I hope that you'll respond to it.

We are looking for patient testimonials so if you'd like to share your story, you can reach us at [email protected]

Good luck!!

LBIO
                      Participant

Melanoma Mom,

I work for Lion Bio and we are involved with these clinical trials. This treatment is so promisng! While cancer is not exciting, this treatment is and I hope that you'll respond to it.

We are looking for patient testimonials so if you'd like to share your story, you can reach us at [email protected]

Good luck!!

LBIO
                        Participant

Melanoma Mom,

Good luck!!

Viewing 6 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics