The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Thoughts on TIL Therapy for Melanoma

Forums General Melanoma Community Thoughts on TIL Therapy for Melanoma

Participant

Hi everyone,

Currently on IPI and Pembro, just took my second dose this week. This all comes from progression to my lungs and liver. In addition, last week three lymph nodes swelled up, right elbow, shoulder and on my rib. Doctor said it's not unusual to see progression before their is regression… so here we are praying for regression.

So, reaching out to you guys to see if anyone has any exposure to TIL Therapy; hoping this may be an option.

Thanks,

Juan

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        _Paul_
        Participant

Hi Juan,

I am scheduled to start the TIL protocol on the 20th. As Celeste calls it, I am doing the "old-school" TIL with the week of lympho-depletion chemo. followed by re-infusion of my TIL, followed by as many bags of IL-2 as I can tolerate, up to 14.

TIL has been in my back pocket as a plan B for the last two years. At that time my gall bladder was removed because it had been taken over by a tumor. So I enrolled in Step 1 of TIL here in Seattle and had them harvest the TIL from that tumor. I was fortunate in that they were able to perform a good extraction and my TIL have been cyrogenically suspended ever since.

Now, two years later, pembro has stopped worked, and a clinical trial combining OX-40 with atezolizumab (an anit PD-L1) drug seems to have had the opposite effect and my cancer is now more widespread.

I will try and post here during the therapy and afterwards about the experience.

BTW, my original mets were in liver and lung and now I have one on my right shoulder (and other places). Also, it is true that you need to give immunotherapy some time to work.

I;m hoping the best for you – Paul

jvictoria
            Participant

Hoping the best for you too Paul. Thank you for sharing. I hope the TIL is a success.

jvictoria
              Participant

Hoping the best for you too Paul. Thank you for sharing. I hope the TIL is a success.

jvictoria
                Participant

_Paul_
                Participant

Hi Juan,

I am scheduled to start the TIL protocol on the 20th. As Celeste calls it, I am doing the "old-school" TIL with the week of lympho-depletion chemo. followed by re-infusion of my TIL, followed by as many bags of IL-2 as I can tolerate, up to 14.

TIL has been in my back pocket as a plan B for the last two years. At that time my gall bladder was removed because it had been taken over by a tumor. So I enrolled in Step 1 of TIL here in Seattle and had them harvest the TIL from that tumor. I was fortunate in that they were able to perform a good extraction and my TIL have been cyrogenically suspended ever since.

Now, two years later, pembro has stopped worked, and a clinical trial combining OX-40 with atezolizumab (an anit PD-L1) drug seems to have had the opposite effect and my cancer is now more widespread.

I will try and post here during the therapy and afterwards about the experience.

BTW, my original mets were in liver and lung and now I have one on my right shoulder (and other places). Also, it is true that you need to give immunotherapy some time to work.

_Paul_
                  Participant

Hi Juan,

JoshF
                    Participant

Juan-

Its next treatment that I'll be doing based on scan results Dec 16. I know it's tough but if it works you can experience good results. Now ice heard, read varying response rates and I think it's safe to say there's a 50% response rate with many durable responses.

Josh

JoshF
                      Participant

Juan-

Its next treatment that I'll be doing based on scan results Dec 16. I know it's tough but if it works you can experience good results. Now ice heard, read varying response rates and I think it's safe to say there's a 50% response rate with many durable responses.

Josh

JoshF
                        Participant

Juan-

Josh

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics