The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

This site has been hacked and it pisses me off.

Forums General Melanoma Community This site has been hacked and it pisses me off.

Participant

Yeah, yeah, I know I am a pain in the butt…………………..but; after many years here and with the latest "re-launch" of this website, , it is quite apparent that there are major security flaws, so be carefull.

Today, I received six e-mails,all of which came from "tor" sites via MRF.

For those unfamiliar with  a "tor" browser , the object is to disguise and misdirect.

Given the makeup of the new MRF Board,  it is dissapointing this would happen.

Whats up Tim?

If you like, I have a packet capture of the trail if you like.

Regardless, this site has been compromised and I do not like it.

Charlie S

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Positivity2014
        Participant

Just ignore it but I have noticed it on every post.

Can we report it?

Linny
            Participant

I have no idea if anyone is even monitoring this site. I've reported spam on several occasions and nothing has been done about it.

catmandu
              Participant
                Thanks. I will be careful.
                catmandu
                Participant
                  catmandu
                  Participant
                    Anonymous
                    Inactive

Hi Linny,

Several MPIPers contact me directly when they notice spam on the bulletin board. I delete these posts immediately, so I'm not sure how or to whom you have reported spam in the past.  Please feel free to let me know if you see something we've missed. You can email me directly at [email protected]. I try my best to look through MPIP posts every day or two for spam but I can't possibly catch all of it. Our new website allows us to delete all of the spam much faster than before and we are continuously working to decrease the amount of spam that gets through. Again, we can't possibly stop all of it, but I assure you, we are trying our best.

Thanks,

Shelby – MRF

Anonymous
                      Inactive

Hi Linny,

Several MPIPers contact me directly when they notice spam on the bulletin board. I delete these posts immediately, so I'm not sure how or to whom you have reported spam in the past.  Please feel free to let me know if you see something we've missed. You can email me directly at [email protected]. I try my best to look through MPIP posts every day or two for spam but I can't possibly catch all of it. Our new website allows us to delete all of the spam much faster than before and we are continuously working to decrease the amount of spam that gets through. Again, we can't possibly stop all of it, but I assure you, we are trying our best.

Thanks,

Shelby – MRF

catmandu
                        Participant
                          Is the chat working? I can never get anyone on there.
                          JerryfromFauq
                          Participant

I have hung ther for hours when I can without anyone coming in.  I usually see where you have been there whole I was out.  Several times I have hung and not hat a final connection made or last.  Tonight I thinnk the weather is a major problem for me (on Hughes Satelliate – as well as lack of money to get as much satelliate time as I would like tohang here more.

JerryfromFauq
                            Participant

I have hung ther for hours when I can without anyone coming in.  I usually see where you have been there whole I was out.  Several times I have hung and not hat a final connection made or last.  Tonight I thinnk the weather is a major problem for me (on Hughes Satelliate – as well as lack of money to get as much satelliate time as I would like tohang here more.

JerryfromFauq
                              Participant

catmandu
                                Participant
                                  catmandu
                                  Participant
                                    Anonymous
                                    Inactive

Hi Linny,

Thanks,

Shelby – MRF

Linny
                                      Participant

I have no idea if anyone is even monitoring this site. I've reported spam on several occasions and nothing has been done about it.

Linny
                                        Participant

Positivity2014
                                        Participant

Can we report it?

Positivity2014
                                          Participant

Can we report it?

JerryfromFauq
                                            Participant

PS, I seem to be geting in to the BB again and having better sucess  posting the past day than for the previous month.

Hopeful less false posts due to the extensive work attempting reduce false spam that also made it hard for us to get proper data posted

JerryfromFauq
                                              Participant

PS, I seem to be geting in to the BB again and having better sucess  posting the past day than for the previous month.

Hopeful less false posts due to the extensive work attempting reduce false spam that also made it hard for us to get proper data posted

JerryfromFauq
                                                Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics