The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Third Covid Vaccine

Forums General Melanoma Community Third Covid Vaccine

Participant
      I’d like to hear any reports of members getting third vaccine shots, how they reacted, and how they achieved it. I’m calling my oncologist into the morning. I have three kids who start school soon and I want as much protection as I can get!
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        JudiAU
        Participant
          I read a couple of news articles and set out this morning. The first place was not offering vaccinations that day. But I was very close to a Walgreens that had updated its website to mention third shots. The pharmacist wasn’t sure how to process it but eventually figured it out. They had an updated registration form that included third shots as an option. I had to show my vaccine card and insurance. There was a sheet that looked like it was created by Walgreens where I had to personally attest to qualifying. I did qualify because I am immunocompromised and for heavy steroid use. I got the shot! I’ll update in a few days if I have side effects.
          JudiAU
          Participant
            Slept quite well last night, after taking some ibuprofen. Have a sore arm today, am a bit more tired, and a vague feeling I’m hungover but otherwise no reaction.

My unvaccinated and partially vax’d kids start school tomorrow!.

maryb-z
            Participant

I did not qualify for the 3rd shot as I am no longer on steroids or any treatment. I do teach over 500 kiddos a week but that’s not a qualifier. I will be wearing a mask.

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics