The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Think comfort

Forums General Melanoma Community Think comfort

Participant
      Well, as of Friday the team of Drs. Believe with little or no treatments available this is the way to go. ; ( . Hospice is now available. Mel has progresses.. Mainly in my bones….now the buttocks. Failed Oncovex. Tried IL2 which gave me a few months. Tried Zel however I have the K mutation and could never get to full strength due to side affects, I suffered one at the same time. We then tried Yervoy but it kept getting interrupted due to pain and steroid use. I continued the Zel Throughout. Without repeating here I am.

Well, as of Friday the team of Drs. Believe with little or no treatments available this is the way to go. ; ( . Hospice is now available. Mel has progresses.. Mainly in my bones….now the buttocks. Failed Oncovex. Tried IL2 which gave me a few months. Tried Zel however I have the K mutation and could never get to full strength due to side affects, I suffered one at the same time. We then tried Yervoy but it kept getting interrupted due to pain and steroid use. I continued the Zel Throughout. Without repeating here I am. I was offered the PD-1 trial just recently but a few things excluded me. Number of treatments (which I BEGGED) the doctor to not do . The fact I cannot walk. What a letdown. If anyone knows of a treatment I could try that my body could handle please let me know. My spirit was broken with the turnarounds via the 2 DrsI haven’t been around in a while. Last time here Kevin had passed. Anyone else I might know I can say a prayer for?

Karin

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        s Mom
        Participant
          Dear Karin,

I am so sorry to hear this. You helped us so much when Jeff was going through IL2 last year, and I will never forget your kindness and words of encouragement. I will be praying for you. God bless you always.

Bridgette (Jeff’s Mom)

s Mom
          Participant
            Dear Karin,

I am so sorry to hear this. You helped us so much when Jeff was going through IL2 last year, and I will never forget your kindness and words of encouragement. I will be praying for you. God bless you always.

Bridgette (Jeff’s Mom)

s Mom
            Participant
              Dear Karin,

Bridgette (Jeff’s Mom)

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics