The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

The situation looks bad

Forums General Melanoma Community The situation looks bad

Participant

In march I was in severe pain in abdomen, during the surgery a 2cm tumor was found and removed. It turns out to be metastatic melanoma, stage IV. After three months, last week a CAT scan shows 6 more around liver size from 2cm to 3cm. It seems that I am really in bad situation.

I am going to do brain scan and chest scan again this Thursday. Since three month ago everything shows clear but now, anything could happen.

Talked to my doctor in MSKCC, I am going to start a clinic trial from next Thursday. I will never give up and definitely fight to the end of world.

I will try to keep this post updated.

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Mat
        Participant

Sorry to hear.  If you search this site, you'll find a number of Stage IV patients doing well.  You're at one of the best melanoma centers in the world.  I'm assuming that you're starting the ipi-nivo trial (Sloan's protocol for treatment naive patients)?  That combo is getting great results as you'll see in other posts on this forum.  Good luck.

Mat
          Participant

Sorry to hear.  If you search this site, you'll find a number of Stage IV patients doing well.  You're at one of the best melanoma centers in the world.  I'm assuming that you're starting the ipi-nivo trial (Sloan's protocol for treatment naive patients)?  That combo is getting great results as you'll see in other posts on this forum.  Good luck.

Mat
            Participant

jamieth29
              Participant
                Dfeng,
                I also just wanted to say good luck and i hope things work out for you. I looked at your profile and saw you have 3 young kids. I know the thoughts that have ran through your head. I was diagnosed in april and have 3 young kids myself. When i read about the kids i said to my wife…this disease is bullshit! I’m so mentally tired of reading and hearing people going through this. Anyway stay strong put your head down and plow forward.
                jamieth29
                Participant
                  Dfeng,
                  I also just wanted to say good luck and i hope things work out for you. I looked at your profile and saw you have 3 young kids. I know the thoughts that have ran through your head. I was diagnosed in april and have 3 young kids myself. When i read about the kids i said to my wife…this disease is bullshit! I’m so mentally tired of reading and hearing people going through this. Anyway stay strong put your head down and plow forward.
                  jamieth29
                  Participant
                    Dfeng,
                    Bubbles
                    Participant

Feng,

I am sorry for what you are going through.  However, you are attaining care in a good facility.  There is a great deal of information and hope on this forum.  I have been dealing with melanoma since 2003.  Stage IV with lung and brain mets in 2010.  I am still alive and kicking and NED today.  Hang in there. You can do this! Wishing you my best.  Celeste

tschmith
                        Participant

Brain. lung, stomach, chest wall, hip, spine, and even more mets for me.  Stinking melanoma!  However, after a clinical trial at NIH and then Keytruda, I'm still here and found out last month that I'm NED.  You are being treated at a wonderful hospital.  I live near Washington, DC but am from New York and have had friends and relatives who have been treated at Sloan for various cancers, one was melanoma,  and they have nothing but great things to say about it.  They're still alive and kicking too!

Best wishes and keep the faith!

Terrie

tschmith
                          Participant

Brain. lung, stomach, chest wall, hip, spine, and even more mets for me.  Stinking melanoma!  However, after a clinical trial at NIH and then Keytruda, I'm still here and found out last month that I'm NED.  You are being treated at a wonderful hospital.  I live near Washington, DC but am from New York and have had friends and relatives who have been treated at Sloan for various cancers, one was melanoma,  and they have nothing but great things to say about it.  They're still alive and kicking too!

Terrie

tschmith
                            Participant

Terrie

Bubbles
                            Participant

Feng,

I am sorry for what you are going through.  However, you are attaining care in a good facility.  There is a great deal of information and hope on this forum.  I have been dealing with melanoma since 2003.  Stage IV with lung and brain mets in 2010.  I am still alive and kicking and NED today.  Hang in there. You can do this! Wishing you my best.  Celeste

Bubbles
                              Participant

Feng,

Viewing 8 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics