The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

The Royal Wedding.

Forums General Melanoma Community The Royal Wedding.

• Replies
      TinaR
      Participant

sent too soon. The real wedding was almost this much fun!

TinaR
        Participant

sent too soon. The real wedding was almost this much fun!

TinaR
          Participant

You have a filthy mind.  I watched and didn't see this happen- is this a real photo?  Jeeze , not even a break on your wedding day– the royal duties start immediately ! No wonder there are so many divorces in that family.

Anyway…rise up from the gutter and tell me what YOU thought of her dress? I thought it was perfect…so happy she chose something understated and elegant. I hate the new trend in wedding gowns…the girls either look like their twist wrapped in a frothy cupcake or sexed up – half-naked on top and ready to hit the local bar. It's nice to see a young woman's arms and shoulders  covered …highlighted her face to perfection. WHY would anyone want the guests focused on  the bride's body- that's just creepy. It's your wedding day— you save the special views for the groom. The guests don't need to see everything you have.  

She has wonderful fashion sense and is a beautiful woman.

Roxanne

nicoli
              Participant

Ah yes, the TMZ picture. What do you expect from TMZ?? 

I thought the dresses were wonderful, both wedding and maid of honor. Took my eyes off the horrible hats.

But I must admit, I am sick, sick, sick of this royal wedding stuff. Most Americans polled don't really care about British royalty but the media is obsessed with it. 

So NOW, will the Queen step down and give Charles a chance. Can you imagine having her for a mother??  I don't like Charles but I feel really sorry for him. Or do I feel sorry for Camilla? Actually the only one I ever liked was Fergie.

The T-Mobile thingy is fantastic. Some of the actors look so much like the real thing.

Nicki

nicoli
                Participant

Ah yes, the TMZ picture. What do you expect from TMZ?? 

I thought the dresses were wonderful, both wedding and maid of honor. Took my eyes off the horrible hats.

But I must admit, I am sick, sick, sick of this royal wedding stuff. Most Americans polled don't really care about British royalty but the media is obsessed with it. 

So NOW, will the Queen step down and give Charles a chance. Can you imagine having her for a mother??  I don't like Charles but I feel really sorry for him. Or do I feel sorry for Camilla? Actually the only one I ever liked was Fergie.

The T-Mobile thingy is fantastic. Some of the actors look so much like the real thing.

Nicki

TinaR
                  Participant

The hats…what a hoot ! I have to believe those two Windsor girls wore the clown dresses and hats  to protest their mother's exclusion from the wedding! It would be too awful to imagine they actually liked the costumes.  MY GOD, one was worse than the other. Bizarre and…wonderful I love the royal family…they're fun to watch. The more loopy they are – the better I like them! I bet a lot of  Americans feel a bit of affection for Princess Diana's sons .  I was sad for the two boys during the awful mess of their parent's breakup…all the filthy details shared with everyone. Then their Mom died … how could you not think of them , keep an eye on what /how they were doing and always wish them well.

I hope the Queen rules until the day she dies. Isn't that the way it's supposed to be? I feel sorry for all of them- emotionally.The older Royals don't seem all that happy to me. It is must take strength to cultivate the standoffishness required to deny little children anything….imagine raising your kids to give up their privacy, hearts desire and free will? I bet they all question if  anyone likes/loves them for themselves and not who they are and what they have. Terrible way to live and to have people always watching you– no wonder they are so crazy funtastic! I'm not a Camilla fan. I am all for true love…but they should have waited -divorced their partners and dated/married or giveneach other up. Camilla as Queen? Oh, it seems wrong…ugly.  I'm just a nosey American- don't have any say …I just hope they keep showing it on TV 🙂

TinaR
                    Participant

The hats…what a hoot ! I have to believe those two Windsor girls wore the clown dresses and hats  to protest their mother's exclusion from the wedding! It would be too awful to imagine they actually liked the costumes.  MY GOD, one was worse than the other. Bizarre and…wonderful I love the royal family…they're fun to watch. The more loopy they are – the better I like them! I bet a lot of  Americans feel a bit of affection for Princess Diana's sons .  I was sad for the two boys during the awful mess of their parent's breakup…all the filthy details shared with everyone. Then their Mom died … how could you not think of them , keep an eye on what /how they were doing and always wish them well.

I hope the Queen rules until the day she dies. Isn't that the way it's supposed to be? I feel sorry for all of them- emotionally.The older Royals don't seem all that happy to me. It is must take strength to cultivate the standoffishness required to deny little children anything….imagine raising your kids to give up their privacy, hearts desire and free will? I bet they all question if  anyone likes/loves them for themselves and not who they are and what they have. Terrible way to live and to have people always watching you– no wonder they are so crazy funtastic! I'm not a Camilla fan. I am all for true love…but they should have waited -divorced their partners and dated/married or giveneach other up. Camilla as Queen? Oh, it seems wrong…ugly.  I'm just a nosey American- don't have any say …I just hope they keep showing it on TV 🙂

TinaR
                    Participant

You have a filthy mind.  I watched and didn't see this happen- is this a real photo?  Jeeze , not even a break on your wedding day– the royal duties start immediately ! No wonder there are so many divorces in that family.

Anyway…rise up from the gutter and tell me what YOU thought of her dress? I thought it was perfect…so happy she chose something understated and elegant. I hate the new trend in wedding gowns…the girls either look like their twist wrapped in a frothy cupcake or sexed up – half-naked on top and ready to hit the local bar. It's nice to see a young woman's arms and shoulders  covered …highlighted her face to perfection. WHY would anyone want the guests focused on  the bride's body- that's just creepy. It's your wedding day— you save the special views for the groom. The guests don't need to see everything you have.  

She has wonderful fashion sense and is a beautiful woman.

Roxanne

BarbieGirl
                      Participant

The T-Mobile clip is hilarious!!

I stayed up and watched the wedding—wasn't going to, had it recording, but couldn't help myself.  The bride was absolutely gorgeous, and her sister was, too.   I'm not into all the "formal" and symbolic stuff; guess I'm used to a good ol' Baptist wedding—20 minutes max, not 2 hours or so!

I watched Charles and Diana's wedding, and lived long enough to watch their oldest son get married. 

I hope, when the Queen steps down (if she decides to do that), she skips right over Charles and Camilla and makes William and Kate King and Queen!  King William and Queen Catherine sounds a lot better than King Charles and Queen Camilla. I have NEVER liked Camilla, and for that matter, don't give a rat about Charles, either.  He's a pompous jerk!

Those hats cracked me up!!  Especially Princess Beatrice!  Looked like a pretzel bow wrapped around a booty-hole!  Her dress, I thought, was very classy.  And it was just the other way around for Princess Eugenie—her hat was just *okay*, but that dress was hideous!  Made her look fat and frumpy.   Does Beatrice look like her mama, or what??

All those huge hats worn sideways just looked plain stupid.  I bet it took a 1,000 pins to hold the hats on.

There were a lot of beautiful women there.  I've been to England twice, and I can honestly say that is NOT the norm.  Most women there look very "homely" and plain. Some are downright fugly.  Diana was soooooo beautiful, and so is Kate.  Both, to me, represent the "common" person—women we can look up to, and feel like we "know" and can relate to them, as they could be the "girls next door".   Queen Elizabeth is exactly the opposite.  I heard one newscaster say that the grandkids had to make "appointments" to see her!   Huh???   Making an appointment to see your grandparents is a bit (no, a LOT) ridiculous!

As Americans, we love the Royalty, and the "Commoner"  finding her Prince is so like the Cinderella fairy tale.  I think that's why we love them.  The closest WE had to royalty was JFK, Jr. and Carolyn.  I bawled like a baby when Diana died on Aug. 31, 1997, and did the same when Junior and Carolyn died on July 16, 1999.  (Yes, I remember the dates well!)

Here's to Prince William and Princess Catherine (aka Duke/Duchess of Cambridge)  living out their fairy tale and living happily ever after!!    

nicoli
                          Participant

So if Charles becomes King, that makes Camilla QUEEN????

Oh No, No, No. I didn't know that.  Forget that, let the old lady reign forever!

Janner
                            Participant

From wikipedia – concerning the title of HRH Camilla:

Because the title 'Princess of Wales' remains strongly associated with the previous holder of that title, the late Diana, Princess of Wales, Camilla is referred to with the feminine form of her husband's subsidiary title, Duke of Cornwall. Also, unless a specific Act of Parliament is passed in the United Kingdom to the contrary, Camilla will, upon the accession of her husband, legally be queen. However, it has been indicated that when the Prince of Wales accedes to the throne, Camilla will remain styled as Her Royal Highness, with the title of The Princess Consort, similar to the style of Prince Albert. Note that this is not the same usage as her father-in-law, HRH The Prince Philip, whose official title does not include the word "consort."

Janner
                              Participant

From wikipedia – concerning the title of HRH Camilla:

Because the title 'Princess of Wales' remains strongly associated with the previous holder of that title, the late Diana, Princess of Wales, Camilla is referred to with the feminine form of her husband's subsidiary title, Duke of Cornwall. Also, unless a specific Act of Parliament is passed in the United Kingdom to the contrary, Camilla will, upon the accession of her husband, legally be queen. However, it has been indicated that when the Prince of Wales accedes to the throne, Camilla will remain styled as Her Royal Highness, with the title of The Princess Consort, similar to the style of Prince Albert. Note that this is not the same usage as her father-in-law, HRH The Prince Philip, whose official title does not include the word "consort."

nicoli
                                Participant

So if Charles becomes King, that makes Camilla QUEEN????

Oh No, No, No. I didn't know that.  Forget that, let the old lady reign forever!

BarbieGirl
                                Participant

The T-Mobile clip is hilarious!!

I stayed up and watched the wedding—wasn't going to, had it recording, but couldn't help myself.  The bride was absolutely gorgeous, and her sister was, too.   I'm not into all the "formal" and symbolic stuff; guess I'm used to a good ol' Baptist wedding—20 minutes max, not 2 hours or so!

I watched Charles and Diana's wedding, and lived long enough to watch their oldest son get married. 

I hope, when the Queen steps down (if she decides to do that), she skips right over Charles and Camilla and makes William and Kate King and Queen!  King William and Queen Catherine sounds a lot better than King Charles and Queen Camilla. I have NEVER liked Camilla, and for that matter, don't give a rat about Charles, either.  He's a pompous jerk!

Those hats cracked me up!!  Especially Princess Beatrice!  Looked like a pretzel bow wrapped around a booty-hole!  Her dress, I thought, was very classy.  And it was just the other way around for Princess Eugenie—her hat was just *okay*, but that dress was hideous!  Made her look fat and frumpy.   Does Beatrice look like her mama, or what??

All those huge hats worn sideways just looked plain stupid.  I bet it took a 1,000 pins to hold the hats on.

There were a lot of beautiful women there.  I've been to England twice, and I can honestly say that is NOT the norm.  Most women there look very "homely" and plain. Some are downright fugly.  Diana was soooooo beautiful, and so is Kate.  Both, to me, represent the "common" person—women we can look up to, and feel like we "know" and can relate to them, as they could be the "girls next door".   Queen Elizabeth is exactly the opposite.  I heard one newscaster say that the grandkids had to make "appointments" to see her!   Huh???   Making an appointment to see your grandparents is a bit (no, a LOT) ridiculous!

As Americans, we love the Royalty, and the "Commoner"  finding her Prince is so like the Cinderella fairy tale.  I think that's why we love them.  The closest WE had to royalty was JFK, Jr. and Carolyn.  I bawled like a baby when Diana died on Aug. 31, 1997, and did the same when Junior and Carolyn died on July 16, 1999.  (Yes, I remember the dates well!)

Here's to Prince William and Princess Catherine (aka Duke/Duchess of Cambridge)  living out their fairy tale and living happily ever after!!    

jag
                                  Participant
                                    I have to admit, it was probably the best prom ever.
                                    Were they voted prince and princess?
                                    They should have had a cool laser show and danced to stairway to heaven, that was the real bummer about the whole thing.
                                    jag
                                    Participant
                                      I have to admit, it was probably the best prom ever.
                                      Were they voted prince and princess?
                                      They should have had a cool laser show and danced to stairway to heaven, that was the real bummer about the whole thing.
                                  Viewing 9 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics