The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

The “procedure” and test

Forums General Melanoma Community The “procedure” and test

Participant

Hello folks,

I had the SLN test and the surgery Monday. The test itself was ok. (by that I mean as far as pain) Minor stinging. The guy (kid) doing the mapping said the closest nodes to the hole my dermatologist left in my chest and where the (draining) was going was on my left side neck/collar bone. The surgeon took 2 nodes out there for pathology. He then made that hole even bigger, pulled it together and stiched it. I've got about 3" stich job. Gotta say the end of the world could of happened and I would not have known. Woke an hour and fifteen mins. later.The first night not bad at all except the bandage is so tight it keeps me looking down. Next day my neck where he took the nodes was hurting and making my neck sore. 

Its been 3 full days since surgery now and am going to change bandages tonight. Node place is still hurting. For such a little cut it sure is uncomfortable. Surgeon said everything went fine and said " the nodes looked fine and normal". I guess thats doctor pep talk until the pathology results come in, right? Still havent heard anything about that yet. As you can tell I'm talking alot, nervous. Will let you all know as soon as I hear something.

Once you get the melanoma diagnoses and they cut it out and the pathology comes back negative are you done with it or are you just waiting for it to hit again? Ok, I'll shut up for now.

Mike

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics