The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Thanksgiving thoughts

Forums General Melanoma Community Thanksgiving thoughts

Keymaster

On this Thanksgiving Day (for those of us in the US) we try to pause and give thanks.  In that spirit, I want to say a heartfelt "thank you" to everyone on this board.  This has been a challenging year in many ways–we have lost far too many wonderful warriors.  But we are all richer for having known them, even those we only met through the magic of electronics.  And I know that they, and countless thousands of others, lived longer and better because of the information and support they received through this community. 

On this Thanksgiving Day (for those of us in the US) we try to pause and give thanks.  In that spirit, I want to say a heartfelt "thank you" to everyone on this board.  This has been a challenging year in many ways–we have lost far too many wonderful warriors.  But we are all richer for having known them, even those we only met through the magic of electronics.  And I know that they, and countless thousands of others, lived longer and better because of the information and support they received through this community. 

Many, many of you spend hours every week replying to posts.  You offer your home email address and home number so complete strangers can reach you for more one-on-one support.  You reach out through the internet to inquire about people when they don't post in a while.

The care and compassion of people on this site are astounding, as is the wealth of knowledge and insight you offer.

I have been thinking a lot the past couple of days about Jenna, and Knute, and so many others.  Though these are sad thoughts–to know that they were taken by this nasty cancer–I cannot help but be greatful for the lessons of courage, faith, and hope we all learned from them along the journey. 

I know that holidays can be challenging, particularly for families who recently lost a loved one.  But I hope, too, that on this Thanksgiving Day we can all find reasons for gratitude in the relationships, memories, and stories we have gathered along the way.

Tim–MRF

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        debbieVA
        Participant

Amen…..

Happy Thanksgiving Tim!

Debbie Stage 4 NED

LynnLuc
            Participant

Tim,

One thing about melanoma…it has made me appreciate life, love, family and friendships so much more! I am so thankful to be alive after the prognosis said I would be dead…I pray  and trust my Heavenly Father and I thank Him for the strength and courage and for placing the right doctors, staff and treatments in my life!

I have learned not to seat the small stuff…even the medium size stuff isn't so  big anymore!

Lynn stage 4 melanoma NED 8 months

LynnLuc
              Participant

Tim,

One thing about melanoma…it has made me appreciate life, love, family and friendships so much more! I am so thankful to be alive after the prognosis said I would be dead…I pray  and trust my Heavenly Father and I thank Him for the strength and courage and for placing the right doctors, staff and treatments in my life!

I have learned not to seat the small stuff…even the medium size stuff isn't so  big anymore!

Lynn stage 4 melanoma NED 8 months

debbieVA
              Participant

Amen…..

Happy Thanksgiving Tim!

Debbie Stage 4 NED

Viewing 1 reply thread
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics