The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Thanksgiving and #Giving Tuesday

Forums General Melanoma Community Thanksgiving and #Giving Tuesday

Keymaster

Today is #GivingTuesday, and in the wake of Thanksgiving season I have been thinking about the many ways that people give.

This community is one of the most giving places I have ever known. Hundreds of people donate their time and their energy by offering care, prayers, practical advice and best wishes to friends and strangers alike. They give generously of themselves so that others affected by melanoma can find the information and support they need to live as long and as well as possible.

Over the years, the MPIP has grown significantly. This year the MRF will have more than 3 million visits to our website, and the MPIP is the most heavily visited part of our site. This makes it very clear that for every post that you may read or reply to, thousands more are visiting anonymously and benefiting from the information being shared.

Many of you have talked about how much you rely on this site for the information and community that it hosts. In that spirit I invite you to consider making a #GivingTuesday donation to support the work of the MRF. If you are interested and are able to do so, simply follow this link to our donation page:

http://bit.ly/2gfqnBL

Please do not feel obligated to donate in order to continue to participate in MPIP. This site has always been and will remain free and open for anyone who benefits. While financial donations greatly support the work of the MRF, I recognize that many times the most important contribution you can make is to offer your time, compassion and experience to someone in need – it’s a gift we see every day on this forum. Whether you make a financial contribution, or give of your time by offering support and counsel, or simply read these posts and learn more about your journey—thank you for being part of a very special community.

Tim–MRF

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        jennunicorn
        Participant

I use Amazon Smile and I have the MRF as my charity so anytime I place an order on Amazon a portion gets donated to MRF. 

If anyone else wants to do that as well, go to smile.amazon.com and you can choose a charity, so every time you go to amazon, use the smile.amazon url (or just make a bookmark of it to make it easy to get to) and the charity you choose will automatically get a donation anytime you purchase something.

Happy Giving Tuesday everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

jennunicorn
          Participant

I use Amazon Smile and I have the MRF as my charity so anytime I place an order on Amazon a portion gets donated to MRF. 

If anyone else wants to do that as well, go to smile.amazon.com and you can choose a charity, so every time you go to amazon, use the smile.amazon url (or just make a bookmark of it to make it easy to get to) and the charity you choose will automatically get a donation anytime you purchase something.

jennunicorn
            Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics