The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Thank you, medical community.

Forums General Melanoma Community Thank you, medical community.

Participant

About a year and a half ago I had a very low moment in a Publix Supermarket.  I had finished the complete course of treatment with ipi. At the follow-up scans we discovered that I had not responded and my mets had grown larger.  A few weeks later I was at the deli counter in Publix next to a young man who reminded me of my son: about the same age, similar height, same beginnings of male-pattern-baldness.  He was holding an infant a few months old.  It struck me that I may not live to see granchildren.

About a year and a half ago I had a very low moment in a Publix Supermarket.  I had finished the complete course of treatment with ipi. At the follow-up scans we discovered that I had not responded and my mets had grown larger.  A few weeks later I was at the deli counter in Publix next to a young man who reminded me of my son: about the same age, similar height, same beginnings of male-pattern-baldness.  He was holding an infant a few months old.  It struck me that I may not live to see granchildren.  I teared up and almost broke down right there in front of the mortadella.  This afternoon, my daughter-in-law delivered a 7 pound, 5 ounce grandson who I expect to see graduate from high school.  Thank you researchers, BMS, Moffitt, all my doctors, nurses & techs, and of course my newly-expanded family.  And all of you.      Dan

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Owl
        Participant

Congratulations Grandpa! It is a wonderful story, may you have many beautiful moments with that little girl, see her grow up and be the most loving grandpa!

Our daughter is 15 months, only 6 weeks older than my husbands diagnosis, and she is the most wonderful thing that could happen to us!

Jenny

Owl
            Participant

Sorry, just see it's a boy! smiley

Owl
              Participant

Owl
                Participant

Owl
                Participant

Congratulations Grandpa! It is a wonderful story, may you have many beautiful moments with that little girl, see her grow up and be the most loving grandpa!

Our daughter is 15 months, only 6 weeks older than my husbands diagnosis, and she is the most wonderful thing that could happen to us!

Jenny

Owl
                  Participant

Jenny

Tina D
                    Participant

Truly wonderful ๐Ÿ™‚

Tina D
                      Participant

Truly wonderful ๐Ÿ™‚

Tina D
                        Participant

Truly wonderful ๐Ÿ™‚

rosa1
                          Participant

Wonderful news, congratulations !   smiley

Rosa

rosa1
                            Participant

Rosa

rosa1
                              Participant

Rosa

Viewing 8 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics