The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

thank you from the family of laurie from maine

Forums General Melanoma Community thank you from the family of laurie from maine

Participant

Laurie died on February 28 surrounded by her family.  Her last posting here was about donating her body to science, which we were able to do.  Laurie often shared her postings here with me, her sister Mary, and I know how much this forum meant to her.  Thank you all for the support, companionship, information and courage you all shared with her.  Your final postings to her in January were lovely and a real tribute, and she got to read them.  with gratitude, to the warriors online from Laurie's family

Laurie died on February 28 surrounded by her family.  Her last posting here was about donating her body to science, which we were able to do.  Laurie often shared her postings here with me, her sister Mary, and I know how much this forum meant to her.  Thank you all for the support, companionship, information and courage you all shared with her.  Your final postings to her in January were lovely and a real tribute, and she got to read them.  with gratitude, to the warriors online from Laurie's family

Viewing 23 reply threads
    • Replies
        Gene_S
        Participant

Hello Mary,

I am very sorry to hear of Laurie's passing.  She will be missed.

I am glad you were successful in donating her body to science and that it will indeed help someone else.

Prayers for you and the family.  Remember the good times you had with Laurie.

Judy (loving wife of Gene)

Gene_S
          Participant

Hello Mary,

I am glad you were successful in donating her body to science and that it will indeed help someone else.

Gene_S
            Participant

Hello Mary,

POW
                Participant

Thank you for letting us know. Laurie was such a special person and I got a lot of help and hope from her posts. In her last post she was looking forward to spending time with her loved ones. I hope that Laurie and your whole family was able to have that quality time together and that she found the peace she so richly deserved.

POW
                  Participant

Thank you for letting us know. Laurie was such a special person and I got a lot of help and hope from her posts. In her last post she was looking forward to spending time with her loved ones. I hope that Laurie and your whole family was able to have that quality time together and that she found the peace she so richly deserved.

POW
                    Participant

jcmp
                    Participant

Mary,

Thank you for letting us know.  I was just thinking about her the other day.  I am so sorry to hear this. 

May you and your family find comfort and peace during this difficult time.

jcmp
                      Participant

Mary,

Thank you for letting us know.  I was just thinking about her the other day.  I am so sorry to hear this. 

jcmp
                        Participant

Mary,

swissfarm7
                          Participant

Oh, Mary, I'm so sorry to hear this.  I know you have a big, supportive family and will encourage one another as you go on without Laurie.  But it won't change the reality of having lost a sweet sister/daughter/wife/mother.  It stuns and frightens me when I hear of people who were "only" Stage 1 at diagnosis eventually succumbing to this monster we call melanoma. 

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about Laurie's passing.  May the peace that passes all understanding be with you.

Warmly,

Colleen

swissfarm7
                            Participant

Oh, Mary, I'm so sorry to hear this.  I know you have a big, supportive family and will encourage one another as you go on without Laurie.  But it won't change the reality of having lost a sweet sister/daughter/wife/mother.  It stuns and frightens me when I hear of people who were "only" Stage 1 at diagnosis eventually succumbing to this monster we call melanoma. 

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about Laurie's passing.  May the peace that passes all understanding be with you.

Warmly,

Colleen

swissfarm7
                              Participant

Warmly,

Colleen

King
                                Participant

I offer my sincere sympathy to Laurie's friends and family.  Laurie and I communicated some since I was born and raised in MA.  Sad stuff……..

She will be missed.

Mary, thanks for this post.  It means a lot to her MPIP family.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV  7/05 Liver mets

King
                                  Participant

I offer my sincere sympathy to Laurie's friends and family.  Laurie and I communicated some since I was born and raised in MA.  Sad stuff……..

She will be missed.

Stay Strong

King

King
                                    Participant

She will be missed.

Stay Strong

King

Phil S
                                      Participant
                                        So sorry to hear this news, I remember her final post and how brave I thought she was to donate her body to science! I also remember how she suggested a farewell bell ringing when Kevin passed, it was a great tribute. So, in honor of Laurie, and the fight she gave, and the love she shared, I will be ringing a bell in New York. God bless your family, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                                        Phil S
                                        Participant
                                          So sorry to hear this news, I remember her final post and how brave I thought she was to donate her body to science! I also remember how she suggested a farewell bell ringing when Kevin passed, it was a great tribute. So, in honor of Laurie, and the fight she gave, and the love she shared, I will be ringing a bell in New York. God bless your family, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                                          Phil S
                                          Participant
                                            Rocco
                                            Participant

So very sorry to hear of Laurie's passing.  My deepest condolences to all her family and friends. 

I had watched her posts closely as I'm from neighboring NH. 

Rocco, Stage IV, ipi responder

Rocco
                                              Participant

So very sorry to hear of Laurie's passing.  My deepest condolences to all her family and friends. 

Rocco
                                                Participant

Tina D
                                                  Participant

I am so sorry to read this, yet thankful for you that you were all able to surround her in those final hours and also for her to be able to have her wish fulfilled to donate her body to science as she expressed so selflessly that she wanted to. Thank you for taking the time to come on here, and let us know. You will always find friends here, too … so come by anytime to share a tear or thought. With prayers for comfort,

Tina

Tina D
                                                    Participant

I am so sorry to read this, yet thankful for you that you were all able to surround her in those final hours and also for her to be able to have her wish fulfilled to donate her body to science as she expressed so selflessly that she wanted to. Thank you for taking the time to come on here, and let us know. You will always find friends here, too … so come by anytime to share a tear or thought. With prayers for comfort,

Tina

Tina D
                                                      Participant

Tina

susanr
                                                        Participant

I am very sorry about Laurie.  I did not know of her until that brave post she made about donating her body to science.  I wish I had her bravery and strength.    What an amazing person.  I hope her family is coping and finding strength in each other.  Just like Phil, I will ring a bell for her.  Laurie, God Bless you.  I will tell my brother Peter to watch out for you in Heaven. 

Susan

Sister of Peter- Entered Heaven 12/6/2012

susanr
                                                          Participant

I am very sorry about Laurie.  I did not know of her until that brave post she made about donating her body to science.  I wish I had her bravery and strength.    What an amazing person.  I hope her family is coping and finding strength in each other.  Just like Phil, I will ring a bell for her.  Laurie, God Bless you.  I will tell my brother Peter to watch out for you in Heaven. 

Susan

susanr
                                                            Participant

Susan

Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics