The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Thank you

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Thank you

Participant
      I just wanted to say thank you all for the peace of mind you’ve given me this week while waiting for results of my biopsy. I have a mole that turned black and has “spread”. My PC says she’s concerned, which sent me into a full blown panic attack in her office. Yay, anxiety!
      It’s been a trying year for my husband and I; it’s also our first year of marriage. I won’t bore you guys with our other issues but I’ve had a few health scares, including a growth in the back of my throat, chronic fatigue, and a few blood tests that came back with a very low white blood cell count. I had the throat growth biopsied and removed and it came back benign. After a bone marrow biopsy (a particularly enjoyable experience lol) they were unable to explain my low T cells. Phew. Ok, so no cancer or disease.
      My husband noticed this mole months ago and I figured I’d get it checked out when I go in for my next physical. It wasn’t a concern because I had no idea how deadly melanoma can be. I’ve always heard of people getting skin cancer and then simply getting it removed. Compared to everything else going on a mole was the last thing on my mind.
      He recently reminded me that I should get it checked out, so I looked up what it could possibly be. HORRIBLE IDEA. I quickly made the appointment and now I wait. The internet has sent me spiraling. I feel ridiculous because I don’t even know yet but this whole year I’ve felt not myself. I just know something is off, so in the back of my mind I’m thinking, “This could explain it.” When I found this site I was flooded with relief. You guys are always encouraging, even if it’s just someone like me who’s unsure and scared out of their minds. Any time I’ve had the urge to go back online, I just come here. So, thank you.
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        MelanomaMike
        Participant
          Hi Steph, im Mike nice to meet under our circumstances! I wish yer biopsy Nothing of concern! Iv had a few & their not fun waiting for their results! Hopefully youll learn it soon? Please come back & post its findings ok? Were here for you NO MATTER HOW IT GOES!…
            Stoofs
            Participant
              Will do. Thanks and nice to meet you!
            bjeans
            Participant

Hang in there, Stephanie – like Mike said, it could be nothing. And if it’s something, hang out here, because there’s lots of outdated and nutsy information out there. 

Let us know how it turns out – 

Beth (the wife)

Viewing 1 reply thread
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics