The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Test results back

Forums General Melanoma Community Test results back

Participant

Here is my lab results:

Study Result
      Impression
      1. No discrete evidence of metastatic disease.
      2. Cystic abnormality associated with the left ovary. Consider further evaluation with pelvic ultrasound.

Narrative
      HISTORY: Malignant melanoma of torso excluding breast (HCC).

COMPARISON: None.

TECHNIQUE: 100 mL Isovue 300 was administered IV. Postcontrast CT images were obtained of the chest, abdomen, and pelvis. Automated exposure control was used. DICOM format image data have been securely sent to the Idaho Health Data Exchange (IHDE) and
      are available to nonaffiliated external healthcare facilities or entities on a secure, media free, reciprocally searchable basis with patient authorization for at least 12-months following the study. For more information visit http://www.idahohde.org

FINDINGS:
      Thoracic Inlet: Normal.

Chest Wall: Postoperative changes of the right axilla. Postoperative changes noted in the right back.

Heart/Pericardium: Normal.

Great Vessels: Normal.

Mediastinum/Hila: Normal.

Lungs/Pleura: Clear. Airways are normal. No pleural effusion.

Liver: Normal.

Biliary: Normal.

Pancreas: Normal.

Spleen: Normal.

Adrenals: Normal.

Kidneys/Ureters: Normal.

Bowel/Mesentery: No obstruction is present. No wall thickening or pericolonic inflammatory stranding. No mesenteric mass. There is no free intraperitoneal air. Normal appendix.

Vasculature: Normal.

Lymphatics: Normal.

Pelvic Organs: Left ovarian cyst measuring 3.7 cm in diameter.

Bladder: Normal.

Musculoskeletal: Age associated degenerative changes. Postoperative changes of the right back.

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Replies
        casagrayson
        Participant

This is good news!! How are you feeling about it?

MelanomaMike
            Participant
              Susan! Quick question, how did you make it where you have your name & your lil’ saying “Strength and Courage” listed at the end of all your post’s? The text looks smaller & a lighter shade of black, iv tried in my profile but cant figure it out…Please help!! Mike
              jennunicorn
              Participant

Hi Mike! Go to your profile and account settings, it says "signature" with a text box and you can put whatever you'd like in there and that'll show up at the bottom of all your posts 🙂

MelanomaMike
                Participant
                  Ahhhh! Yer a doll!! I was hoping someone would show me soon!!! Gunna do it now!! Thanx..Mike
                  Savymoo23
                  Participant

It feels very strange I guess. To know that I’m going to be okay. I feel like it’s going to be hard getting back to a normal life 

MelanomaMike
                  Participant
                    Yaaaaay! Im not the sharp tool (im not a tool anyways) in this MRF shed but, when i see the word ” NORMAL” its gotta be good! Good for you Savannah! Im next for my report hopefully today as well during or before my infusion…Mike!
                      Savymoo23
                      Participant

Please update us when you know! 

marta010
                      Participant

Fantastic news!  So happy for you.  I know it will take time before you are able to get past the fear this disease brings.  Take a deep breath and turn your focus to your family.  You are going to make it!

Ann

Hooray for great news!  Be happy!

Good wishes to you,

Jennifer

WithinMySkin
                        Participant

Isn't it such a relief to see all those results of "NORMAL"? Haha it IS interesting how we never want to be normal until you get a cancer diagnosis!!! I couldn't WAIT to be normal again!!!!

Congrats on your new normalcy, Savannah!

Lauren

Viewing 4 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics