The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

temador

Forums General Melanoma Community temador

Participant

I need to know if anyone has an opinion on Temador for Brent. 

I need to know if anyone has an opinion on Temador for Brent. 

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        susanr
        Participant

Did not mention this in the post of your second topic.  My experiene with Temador was that it was well tolerated.  Biggest complaint was constipation and some changes in appetite.  It did not effect the blood count.  I don't want  to discourage you, we had no response to it. The doctors also felt that it prevented brain metastasis…which was a good thing.

Again, Don't be discouraged on our experience.  I have seen patient's on this forum that responded to it.  Many doctors like to use temador with aother chemo agent…can this be an option?  ask the docotrs.

Keep us posted.  I will be thinking of your family.

susanr
          Participant

Did not mention this in the post of your second topic.  My experiene with Temador was that it was well tolerated.  Biggest complaint was constipation and some changes in appetite.  It did not effect the blood count.  I don't want  to discourage you, we had no response to it. The doctors also felt that it prevented brain metastasis…which was a good thing.

Again, Don't be discouraged on our experience.  I have seen patient's on this forum that responded to it.  Many doctors like to use temador with aother chemo agent…can this be an option?  ask the docotrs.

susanr
            Participant

DonJ
              Participant

I don't have an opinion, but I can say there was no positive response for my Daughter.  She tried Temador among other treatments (Interferon, IL-2, TIL, CTLA-4, etc) so it may just have been her time.

Keep the faith and never give up hope.

DonJ
                Participant

I don't have an opinion, but I can say there was no positive response for my Daughter.  She tried Temador among other treatments (Interferon, IL-2, TIL, CTLA-4, etc) so it may just have been her time.

DonJ
                  Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics