The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Targeted Treatment – Good News

Forums General Melanoma Community Targeted Treatment – Good News

Participant
      Hi all

It’s been awhile, so following my genetic testing and the discovery of a CDKN “amplification” I’ve been on Palbociclib for the last couple of months as part of a phase 1 trial, in fact round 3 started last week.
      The results haven’t been startling, but steady, following my last scan at the end of July, everything is still stable, in fact very stable, nothing new and the old stuff is still the same size, the potential side effects never materialized, all in all, I’ve become boring. I’m not complaining, it’s good to be boring, when your oncologist only spends 10 mins with you once a month, its a good place to be.
      Also as a bonus one side effect has been to reduce my cholesterol so I’ve been taken off my Statin, in fact my cardiologist is concerned because its too low!

So really just a quick update, as others have encouraged, get genetic testing if you can, it could make a difference.

Good luck to all and keep fighting

Tony

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          That’s wonderful news, Tony! BORING is fabulous! May things continue to improve. Thanks for sharing. celeste
          SOLE
          Participant
            Congrats! Keep at it and stay boring! Ned Boring! Ha! I finally found his/her family name! Boring! Ned Boring! Nice to meet you!
            lkb
            Participant
              Hooray for your stability, Tony!!!
          Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics