The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Targeted Radiation after WBR? On Zel too.

Forums General Melanoma Community Targeted Radiation after WBR? On Zel too.

• This topic is empty.
    Participant

Hello-My brother has been battling for over 11 years.  Recently he had two brain mets- in the left and right ventricas.  After spending a month in Mayo Jax, he is at home.  He is on Zel and we are seeing reduction from neck down (4 mets gone).  The two in brain not progressing.  He had 12 rounds of WBR as targeted radiation was not an option – the tumors were bleeding . I also would recommend if anyone has ever had a brain met to get scanned every 30 days- those two popped up in 45 days.

Hello-My brother has been battling for over 11 years.  Recently he had two brain mets- in the left and right ventricas.  After spending a month in Mayo Jax, he is at home.  He is on Zel and we are seeing reduction from neck down (4 mets gone).  The two in brain not progressing.  He had 12 rounds of WBR as targeted radiation was not an option – the tumors were bleeding . I also would recommend if anyone has ever had a brain met to get scanned every 30 days- those two popped up in 45 days.

Now after his first check up – the Zel or it could be a delayed reaction of Yervoy – or combo of both – no more brain bleed, the brain mets slightly smaller, and as mentioned, body mets reducing.

We are going to see Moffitt center late April, but his wife would like to know if he is a candidate for targeted brain radiation after the WBR?  I feel like let the Zel work – and also hold out for the Dabfranib (does anyone know approval date?)

This battle almost took him out, but he is a fighter.  There is reduced mental capacity – but hoping that will improve-they say about 6 months.  I know I have a lot of questions!

You guys have helped us out for a long time- and we appreciate it from the bottoms of our stressed out hearts!!

All the best and thank you again,

MrsMarilyn

(sister of gary Stage Iv)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics