The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Synopsis of hopeful melanoma trials by Dr. Weber

Forums General Melanoma Community Synopsis of hopeful melanoma trials by Dr. Weber

Participant

I thought this was a wonderful webinar that Weber presented covering data from recent trials with a view to what we can anticpate to improve melanoma treatment in the relatively near future.  I have written a synopsis on my blog with a link to the webinar itself.

http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2016/03/immunology-updatewebinar-for-melanoma.html

While the webinar addresses both targeted and immunotherapy, as well as anticipated combo's….Weber's final remarks include:  "I think we…all agree that it is a very bright era for immunotherapy in melanoma…and for cancer in general."

Thanks to all the ratties who have made it so.  Yours, celeste

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        melj
        Participant

Celeste, thank you so much for sharing this and all your other blogs. They are invaluable and extremely helpful to those of us struggling to find comprehensible information on our disease and treatment options. Dr Weber's summary is very encouraging, my only concern is that as we move to triple and quadruple therapies, the costs of treatment become prohibitive. Please keep writing the blogs !

Mel J

melj
          Participant

Celeste, thank you so much for sharing this and all your other blogs. They are invaluable and extremely helpful to those of us struggling to find comprehensible information on our disease and treatment options. Dr Weber's summary is very encouraging, my only concern is that as we move to triple and quadruple therapies, the costs of treatment become prohibitive. Please keep writing the blogs !

Mel J

melj
            Participant

Mel J

JoshF
              Participant

I hope every cancer that has a forum like MPIP is blessed to have a Celeste! Interesting timing on this as I had my nivo infusion on Friday. This was also the week where I see my onc. Of course with my latest sub-q that I found, I peppered her with my typical 1000 questions. I don't understand it all but what she said fell in line with what Weber's synopsis said especially with going to 10-30% on complete response rates. She felt that over the next 10 years that this will increase even more as there is a lot in the pipeline. It all sounds very promising, it'd be nice if we could accelerate research so more of us can benefit.

On a personal note, she changed my scan from April to May. Given my history, she feels that our best interest to wait as that would give me 5 months on Nivo and more time to see if there are any mets, give them an opportunity to grow so it would be measurable. I'm always finding the 3mm tiny sub-q mets and then we scan right away and nothing shows on scan. I have to have faith in process, try to live every day not in fear and pray this Nivo is what puts this crap to rest in my body.

Thanks Celeste…appreciate all you do!!!

Josh

JoshF
                Participant

I hope every cancer that has a forum like MPIP is blessed to have a Celeste! Interesting timing on this as I had my nivo infusion on Friday. This was also the week where I see my onc. Of course with my latest sub-q that I found, I peppered her with my typical 1000 questions. I don't understand it all but what she said fell in line with what Weber's synopsis said especially with going to 10-30% on complete response rates. She felt that over the next 10 years that this will increase even more as there is a lot in the pipeline. It all sounds very promising, it'd be nice if we could accelerate research so more of us can benefit.

On a personal note, she changed my scan from April to May. Given my history, she feels that our best interest to wait as that would give me 5 months on Nivo and more time to see if there are any mets, give them an opportunity to grow so it would be measurable. I'm always finding the 3mm tiny sub-q mets and then we scan right away and nothing shows on scan. I have to have faith in process, try to live every day not in fear and pray this Nivo is what puts this crap to rest in my body.

Josh

JoshF
                  Participant

Josh

ed williams
                    Participant

Celeste, take a look at @omidHamidMD on twitter at his jan 29 tweet. There is a link to 33 annual chemotherapy foundation symposium where Weber and Hamid talk about the state of Immunotherapy, several short video clips. I thought you might find fthem interesting! Oh, and by the way things are going along just fine, just finished my 57 treatment on checkmate 67. Starting to feel a bit like a pin cushion. All the best!!! Ed

jpg
                        Participant

Celeste,

Where was this webinar online?  I googled it but couldn't find it.  I would love to hear Weber talk about these trials.  Can you list the URL?

Bubbles
                          Participant

There is a link directly to the webinar on my blog post. c

Bubbles
                            Participant

Bubbles
                              Participant

Bubbles
                                Participant

Just click on the line that says, "Immuno-Oncology 2016 Update by Dr. Weber", in brown, just below the first paragraph that says "check out the link below"! c

Bubbles
                                  Participant

Just click on the line that says, "Immuno-Oncology 2016 Update by Dr. Weber", in brown, just below the first paragraph that says "check out the link below"! c

Bubbles
                                    Participant

jpg
                                      Participant

Celeste,

Where was this webinar online?  I googled it but couldn't find it.  I would love to hear Weber talk about these trials.  Can you list the URL?

jpg
                                        Participant

Celeste,

Bubbles
                                          Participant

Thanks, Josh and Mel.  You are both sweet.  Glad you are doing well, Ed!  Thanks for the 'share'!  I'll check it out.  c

Bubbles
                                            Participant

Thanks, Josh and Mel.  You are both sweet.  Glad you are doing well, Ed!  Thanks for the 'share'!  I'll check it out.  c

Bubbles
                                              Participant

ed williams
                                              Participant

Celeste, take a look at @omidHamidMD on twitter at his jan 29 tweet. There is a link to 33 annual chemotherapy foundation symposium where Weber and Hamid talk about the state of Immunotherapy, several short video clips. I thought you might find fthem interesting! Oh, and by the way things are going along just fine, just finished my 57 treatment on checkmate 67. Starting to feel a bit like a pin cushion. All the best!!! Ed

ed williams
                                                Participant

Mat
                                                  Participant

Great post, Celeste.  Reinforces that if you can just manage stability with the existing treatments, your home run might just be around the corner.

Mat
                                                    Participant

Great post, Celeste.  Reinforces that if you can just manage stability with the existing treatments, your home run might just be around the corner.

Mat
                                                      Participant

JuTMSY4
                                                        Participant

This is a fantastic breakdown.  Thanks for your work!

-Justin

JuTMSY4
                                                          Participant

-Justin

JuTMSY4
                                                            Participant

-Justin

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics