The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Symptoms of Liver Mets?

Forums General Melanoma Community Symptoms of Liver Mets?

Participant

Hi all!  It's been a very long time since I've posted here.  A bit of some background for you.  In 1994, I was diagnoses with Melanoma on my lower back.  It was small, and caught early so it only needed to be excised.  Flash forward 10 years, and we found it had metastasized to my lymph node in my left axilla.  I had a full node dissection, radiation, and a full year of interferon.  In 2005 I was NED and have remained NED for the past 14 years.

This past year has been a horrible year health wise for me, and about 1 month ago I began having abdominal pain in my right side, and also found an enlarged lymph node in my right groin.  I had an ultra sound which showed my liver is enlarged.  My liver enzymes are also elevated.  I'm seeing a surgeon for the lymph node and a gastro dr. for my liver in 2 weeks.

My mind is going crazy as I feel that something bad is brewing inside, and I can only think that the beast has returned to my liver.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        doragsda
        Participant

Definitely get it checked out with your history.   There are, however, hundreds of things that can throw the liver off.   Everything gets filtered through it.   Too much tylenol, too much alcohol, too much fat in the diet,  and about 500 more.   Chances are good that it is unrelated to your melanoma.    Good luck!

djdumaine
            Participant

Thank you!  I'll be happy to see my gastro dr. next week to hopefully get some answers.

Viewing 0 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics