The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

swollen neck lymph nodes.

Forums General Melanoma Community swollen neck lymph nodes.

Participant

Hi just finished my neck dissection for stage 3 melanoma.  I mean I have finished my physical therapy.  My neck is still sore and swollen 2+months after the surgery.  I am scheduled to start interferon soon.  Anybody have a similar situation with the neck nodes swollen after surgery?  Thanks.  I have regained full movement in my arm and shoulder, although parts of the shoulder are still numb.  I had 38 nodes removed.  This surgery was a result of a recurrence.

Tony

Hi just finished my neck dissection for stage 3 melanoma.  I mean I have finished my physical therapy.  My neck is still sore and swollen 2+months after the surgery.  I am scheduled to start interferon soon.  Anybody have a similar situation with the neck nodes swollen after surgery?  Thanks.  I have regained full movement in my arm and shoulder, although parts of the shoulder are still numb.  I had 38 nodes removed.  This surgery was a result of a recurrence.

Tony

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Muru
        Participant

HI,

I just had Neck dissection of lymphnodes in May and I do not have swollen neck. I have started Interferon, a week back. But I still do not have full movement in my arm and shoulder.  Was it Mucosal melanoma and where was the primary tumor identified

Thanks,

Muru

Muru
          Participant

HI,

I just had Neck dissection of lymphnodes in May and I do not have swollen neck. I have started Interferon, a week back. But I still do not have full movement in my arm and shoulder.  Was it Mucosal melanoma and where was the primary tumor identified

Thanks,

Muru

Muru
            Participant

HI,

Thanks,

Muru

buckytom
              Participant

Hi Tony, had neck dissection at the end of January, then another minor procedure around the clavicle one the same side in late February. I do not have swelling anymore – although it felt swollen until recently. I believe however it was more scar tissue from the surgery then swelling. I do not have full mobility of my shoulder yet – have been going to physical therapy for a couple of months and that is improving. Still numb in a better part of neck, shoulder on the side of the surgery. You may want to go to a couple of sessions of physical therapy – in addition to range of motion in the neck they can show you some massages and excercises to help relieve the scar tissue.

Hope that helps.

Tom

buckytom
                Participant

Hi Tony, had neck dissection at the end of January, then another minor procedure around the clavicle one the same side in late February. I do not have swelling anymore – although it felt swollen until recently. I believe however it was more scar tissue from the surgery then swelling. I do not have full mobility of my shoulder yet – have been going to physical therapy for a couple of months and that is improving. Still numb in a better part of neck, shoulder on the side of the surgery. You may want to go to a couple of sessions of physical therapy – in addition to range of motion in the neck they can show you some massages and excercises to help relieve the scar tissue.

Hope that helps.

Tom

buckytom
                  Participant

Hope that helps.

Tom

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics