The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Switching to IPPI from Zel

Forums General Melanoma Community Switching to IPPI from Zel

Participant

After being on Z for almost 6 months and my tumors still shrinking, i began my IPPI yesterday.  Even though the Z is still working my doctor felt this was a good time time to start the IPPI.  Why wait until my body starts to reject the Z start the IPPI?  My body is strong enough to fight the tumors withZ now so let's start the IPPI now.  My doctor said i shouldn't experience much in the way of side effects after the first dose of IPPI.

After being on Z for almost 6 months and my tumors still shrinking, i began my IPPI yesterday.  Even though the Z is still working my doctor felt this was a good time time to start the IPPI.  Why wait until my body starts to reject the Z start the IPPI?  My body is strong enough to fight the tumors withZ now so let's start the IPPI now.  My doctor said i shouldn't experience much in the way of side effects after the first dose of IPPI.

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Tim–MRF

This is an approach that is of great interest in the field.  The question of timing for ipi vs. vemurafenib is still debated.  You probably know that a clinical trial is ongoing in which the two are given together.  The first segment just closed, having reached its endpoints. 

Glad you aure still responding to "z"!

Tim–MRF

Tim–MRF

This is an approach that is of great interest in the field.  The question of timing for ipi vs. vemurafenib is still debated.  You probably know that a clinical trial is ongoing in which the two are given together.  The first segment just closed, having reached its endpoints. 

Tim–MRF

Tim–MRF

Tim–MRF

POW
              Participant

Yes, switching to ipi while you are still strong and the Zelboraf is still working makes good sense to me. Good luck to you! And I assume that if you should need to go back on Zel at some time in the future, your tumors will again respond. But let's hope you won't have to test that hypothesis.

POW
                Participant

Yes, switching to ipi while you are still strong and the Zelboraf is still working makes good sense to me. Good luck to you! And I assume that if you should need to go back on Zel at some time in the future, your tumors will again respond. But let's hope you won't have to test that hypothesis.

POW
                  Participant

Dgentz
                    Participant

I did 4 doses of IPI – I continued Zelboraf until right before dose 3. Very few IPI side effects, so that was nice – plus going off Z got rid of most other side effects!

Unfortunately for me, the removal of Z and addition of IPI did nothing (actually, I had the opposite reaction). 

So much to learn with how these 2 drugs work and work together. Wishing you the best!!!

Dgentz
                      Participant

I did 4 doses of IPI – I continued Zelboraf until right before dose 3. Very few IPI side effects, so that was nice – plus going off Z got rid of most other side effects!

Unfortunately for me, the removal of Z and addition of IPI did nothing (actually, I had the opposite reaction). 

So much to learn with how these 2 drugs work and work together. Wishing you the best!!!

Dgentz
                        Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics