The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Swelling due to Opdivo

Forums General Melanoma Community Swelling due to Opdivo

Participant
      I have only had my 2nd dose of Opdivo and the edema, especially in my legs is unbearable. My shoes don’t fit and my ‘skinny jeans” are a thing of the past. I can’t even get compression stockings on because my fingers ache from being so tight with fluid retention. I see my doctor on January 2nd. I’ve been elevating my legs after work but had to give up exercising because I feel like my legs are made of lead. I know things could be worse. Wondering if dr will prescribe a diuretic. Anyone experience this? I know according to the literature it is a known side effect. Just want some relief. Thanks.
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Hukill
        Participant

sorry, I had many side effects but not swelling.

I haven't had any swelling.  I'd definitely call the oncologist.  Don't wait until Jan 2nd.  It's important to report any and all side effects swiftly.

Good wishes to you,

Jennifer

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics